LG50PG4000 help with setup to HT462DZ

N

noely2009

Hi all - I would appreciate your help if possible.

I have just put up an LG50PG4000 and got the LG HT462DZ cinema system to go with it.

I have linked the two with a HDMI Cable. I have also linked an Optical cable from the TV to the cinema system as well as I want the sounds from the tv to come out the cinema system all the time.

I have then pressed "simplink" and selected the sound to come out the Cinema system.

The problem I am having though is that the sound that comes out the cinema system is extremely muted. I have to have the volume on the cinema system turned up to full just to have it at a level where it is just about listenable.

There is no problem at all with the volume level when playing a CD or DVD on the cinema system though.

Hope you can offer some assistance as I dont know where to start at the moment.

Thanks

have you had a look in the optical output options? try changing it between PCM and DD? I assume you have the input on the 462 set to OPTICAL of course!?...

thanks for the reply

this might sound really thick but how do you change the optical output between PCM & DD ?

Thanks

thanks for the reply

this might sound really thick but how do you change the optical output between PCM & DD ?

Thanks

it's on the TV in the AUDIO menu, scroll all the way to nearly the bottom, its called DIGITAL AUDIO OUT.

Have just tried that and makes no difference. I have also noticed that when the cinema system is turned off and I just have the sound out the TV, it is also a very low volume even on full volume on the TV !!? banging my head against the wall. Any ideas or should I call LG do you think.

Any ideas or should I call LG do you think.

if you have to turn the TV up to 100 when watching DTT and it's still quiet then i'd definitely ring LG. :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom