lg50PG3000

appy

Standard Member
Reaction score
is it any good or PS50A456P both below 700 at dixons any seen them in shops look great but the rugby match on the samsung looked a bit naff help appreciated wood like to buy quickly

I've had my LGPG3000 50" for 3 weeks now and it has clocked nearly 200 hours so I can play with the calibration settings shortly.

I've watched quite a few movies as well as watching SD television through my Sky box (non HD) and have also played Pro Evolution on the PS3 everyday for around an hour at a time.

The screen has been absolutely brilliant. As the television has bed in over the past few weeks I have noticed the blacks getting deeper and the picture quality has visually improved. Screen retention has come about after playing Pro Evolution as the tactical matchplay and names of the players remains on the screen throughout each match. This has vanished in less than 5 minutes on each occasion and I've yet to use the whitewash.

Overall I have been delighted with my purchase. The screen punches above its weight for the price I paid (£670). The only gripe I have is the sound from the inbuilt speakers. Notching the volume up to 100 was not loud enough when I watched Lord of the Rings and it suffers from "mosquito buzz" - especially when watching certain programmes on normal SD even at low volume levels. Watching From Dusk Till Dawn on the normal telly a few weeks ago was dreadful - I eventually turned over after 10 minutes as the mosquito buzz was heavily present when anyone was speaking.

I've since brought a surround sound system and it is totally necessary. Watching movies and television now is brilliant as I have a quality picture with quality sound and I am very happy.

Please note that my room is 8m x 14m so the inbuilt speakers aren't that great. If your in a smaller room they may be alright for your needs.

Hi thanks for your comments bought the lgpg3000 50 inch delighted with it agree about sound but have surroundsound anyway beautiful looking set was £649 from dixons now £666 but theres a code for £25 off and free delivery
bbc hd excellent picture not tried freeview no aerial yet i watch it on satellite
excellent on hd1200 humax upscales sd to 1080i only had it since friday so early days but delighted

There is also another option of trying Panasonic 50PX8. If u r bang on decided on LG , get some advice from vipergrm. He has had 2 LG panels already. Only issue with some of the users of LG plasma screen is Image Retention. Atleast 50PX8 does not have any Image Retention issues.. all the very best with your purchase:thumbsup:

Whilst it is relevent that vipergm has had a problem with his LG (and just about every other panel he has had) surley its worth noting that there are an awful lot more people perfectly happy with their LG purchase and reporting no issues at all..me included

:rolleyes:

I'm glad you took my advice and plumped for the LGPG3000 50".

I've had it for around 6 weeks now and am well over the 200 hours threshold and am delighted with my purchase. Of course, I was aware of image retention but am pleasantly surprised that it isn't as bad as most people have made it out to be. I regularly play PES2008 for around 2 hours at a time and only get faint IR which is again only noticeable when the screen goes black. This quickly disappears though.

It's a great plasma for the price and people are still amazed that I managed to get a 50" plasma for under £700. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom