Lg50pc1d Vs Panasonic 50px60

ac-milan

Established Member
hi all

it is my first post, so i would like to start by saying hi to everybody.

after more than 15 days of contineous reading, i have narrowed my options of buying plasma to:

lg 50pc1d

panny 50 px60

i have managed to compare them ( picture quality) side by side, and to be honest the difference was very little (the Panny was slightly better).

i have read both of the threads " page by page"
i have read most of the on line reviews

but still cannot make my mind because:

positive of lg:
a bit cheaper, good reviews, not many faults reported, not many known issues

positive of panny:
better repotation,excellent reviews, better brand, a bit better picture

i like the panny more but the problem of the snake's issue, which mostly all the panny owners in this forum are complaining about is putting me off.

could you please help me in deciding which one to go for?
is the lg really reliable and less trouble?
is the snak's issue in the panny a big problem? and could it be solved when it happen?

any help very appreciated.

thanx

ac-milan

Established Member
thanks mate

in the thread of px60, found more than one complain about the burble snakes in 50" moduls as well.

what do u suggest anyway?

robin78

Established Member
Given the choice the Panasonic. Actually I´m going to buy the 42px60 in two weeks when my x-mas bonus is in. (I'm buying it with a 15 days no questions asked return policy so if I get snakes that I can´t live with I'll just return it.)

Searcher2

Established Member
And don't forget you can get a free 5 year warranty with the Panasonic if you buy at selected dealers before 24th December.

Searcher2

Established Member
Ahh... well in that case I hope you have satellite as there seems to be nothing worth watching on TV there...unless you like game shows!

robin78

Established Member
Ahh... well in that case I hope you have satellite as there seems to be nothing worth watching on TV there...unless you like game shows!

I live in Barcelona, the Catalan TV is much better then the Spanish one. More movies and in dual language. (but I´ve satellite too)

Searcher2

Established Member
I was only kidding... I used to live in Barcelona too. I used to think the quality of the TV partially explained why they did so many mad things like try and set fire to the public at the carrefocs or to injure kiddies by sticking them at the top of a human tower in front of large crowds... or hold protests about rights of ants...

robin78

Established Member
I was only kidding... I used to live in Barcelona too. I used to think the quality of the TV partially explained why they did so many mad things like try and set fire to the public at the carrefocs or to injure kiddies by sticking them at the top of a human tower in front of large crowds...

Yeah I hate the correfoc, every year one passes just in front of my house. Not able to park for that day and that noise :mad:

or hold protests about rights of ants...

That´s the UK :D but Spain would be second.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom