lg47lw650t

tedpon

Standard Member
Hi, i have the lg 47 3dtv, ,i use headphones quite a lot on my own and with family.when i plug them in to the headphone socket it mutes the TV,.so i need another source analogue for Phones!, one that dosent mute tv when plugged in so i can have phones and family can listen to tv at same time,.theres an Optical [fibre] out but i need to know if its sending 5.1 or 7.1 or Stereo?, if its stereo i can get many different makes of Optic[digital] to Analogue converters boxes with rca or min Headphone socket out!. but if its 5.1 etc im told that these boxes cant convert optical surround !, so can anybody tell me what is sent thru the LG 47 Optical output ,.i mainly watch Freesat on techinomate hd rec and Saorview irish digital terrestiral!, so im thinking that it depends on the Sat And Terrestrial broadcasts what comes out of the Optical socket?,.also its a pain to Plug/unplug the phones everyday,. Help please,.cheers.ted.:confused:

Last edited:

tedpon

Standard Member
I finally got this problem sorted,.i bought a Digital Optical to Analogue Stereo Converter and use phones thru that ,the Optical is from tv !.then i can turn down or mute the tv vol without muting or affecting the Headphone signal,.cost around £45,.cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom