Lg47lw450u sound bleeding

kris1977

Standard Member
Have just purchased a lg47lw450u tv I have sky plus box. From the UTF aerial I have plugged this into the sky box then out of the back of sky box into a 4 way amplifier that allows magic eye pass through out of this into the tv. When watching sky through the tv I can hear the normal tv channel faint in the background sound as well as the sky channel sound does anyone know why I am getting this sound bleed?

Thanks

iaint

Hi.
Really poorly shielded SCART cable? Can you try another, or disconnect it completely? Or are you only using the RF links, with no SCART or other cables connected?
--
Regards, Iain.

kris1977

Standard Member
I am using a scart cable, I will try a new one tomorrow thank you for your idea I will let you know my findings thanks again

iaint

Hi. As an alternative, if you disconnect pins 1 and 3 from the end of the SCART lead plugging into the TV. 19 as well if you're seeing any ghosting. Common SCART leads come apart fairly easily, and with some needle nose pliars, you probably should be able to remove the pins incase you need to put them back later (but note which colour wire goes to which position, then wrap in some sort of insulating tape). -- Regards, Iain.

kris1977

Standard Member
Thank you, I changed to higher quality scart cable and it seems to have fixed the problem thanks for your time on this

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom