LG43UP7700 switching off then on.

Manor49

Novice Member
I have a new month old LG43UP77OO6LB TV which, on three occasions over the last couple of weeks, has switched off and then a few seconds later, has switched back on. At first I thought it was to do with the programme I was watching but realised since that it can happen on any channel and at any time. I also wondered if the problem is linked to the You View box that the TV is connected to but this issue never occurred with my previous TV using the same box.

Help appreciated.

Have you checked to see your LG televisions 'Simplink' and your YouView boxes CEC options are active?

Are there any other devices connected to your TV?

Manor49

Novice Member
Thanks. I will check 'Simplink' and the CEC options. These are new phrases to me, so you can see how old my previous TV was! Nothing else is connected to the TV.

Manor49

Novice Member
The 'Simplink' switch was off and it is now on. I will have to monitor the TV for a few days to see if the issue is resolved.

Manor49

Novice Member
Have you checked to see your LG televisions 'Simplink' and your YouView boxes CEC options are active?

Are there any other devices connected to your TV?
Well, I thought the issue was resolved, because until today there has been no switching off but I spoke too soon! This evening the TV switched off for 3/4 seconds then back on. At the moment, I am not sure what You View box CEC options are available.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I’d get the TV swapped now, rather than keep messing around. I should have done that with my LG 49SM8500PLA, which randomly switches off. The first time that it did it was about 10 minutes after setting up from getting it out of the box, and I assumed that it was down to my having just updated the firmware. Since then, it’s done it at least half a dozen times, the most recent only the day before yesterday.

Thanks. Do you know if this is purely a LG issue or all smart TV's?
It will be a random issue with your TV. Such issues can happen with any electronic device...

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom