LG42PC1DA plasma - hissing noise

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by PABLOl1960, Apr 30, 2007.

1. PABLOl1960

PABLOl1960

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have just received my second LG42PC1DA plasma tv( 1st one was cracked on screen). The picture seems fine but there is a slight hissing noise when you stand about six feet directly in front of the set which co-incidently is directly below my lounge overhead light(light switched on or off).
    However when you move about a foot in any direction the hissing stops untill you walk right up to the set and look over the back of it and it starts hissing again. LG say they cant explain why this is happening and suggest that I either send it back or try it in another room!!!.
    I am hoping that I dont have to send this tv back and it is only maybe a cabling conflict or something like that.
    I also have concerns that as it was delivered by a one-man delivery again this set might be damaged as well.
    Hope someone can help.
    Regards
    Pablo

2. Nick Pavey

Nick Pavey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Just got myself a Panasonic TX50G30B and its buzzing like crazy. Does anyone know what causes this, and if there is a cure? Could it be from the transit this afternoon?

3. Brava 210

Brava 210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    I have just bought the 50ut and it buzzes when there is a bright screen. Not sure if they all do this, my 2 year old 50 Panny hd was silent😟

4. Nick Pavey

Nick Pavey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Mine today is silent as a mouse. Last night it was hissing to an unbelievable level. I put it down to the movement in transit, but could be talking rubbish.