• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG42LX6900-What connection for Amp?

C

communitykev

I have just bought this TV but can't figure which 'plug' at the back of the TV is for 'audio out' for the surround Amp - can anyone give me some guidance. The Manual is very vague.
Thanks.:)

J4CK DANIELS

you'll need an optical cable (hopefully your amp should have one) its the only ways to get 5.1 to your amp from (pre 2011) LG TV's. :thumbsup:

Belkin PureAV Digital Optical Audio Cable AD20000QN1M

don't spend more than a tenner on one though and don't try and get a long one (over 2m), light doesn't tend travel too well in them in my experience...

C

communitykev

:smashin:That makes sense - as other TV's I have bought have 'audio out' - the LG doesn't. I do have a spare Optical cable and will plug it in - Many Thanks.
you'll need an optical cable (hopefully your amp should have one) its the only ways to get 5.1 to your amp from (pre 2011) LG TV's. :thumbsup:

Belkin PureAV Digital Optical Audio Cable AD20000QN1M

don't spend more than a tenner on one though and don't try and get a long one (over 2m), light doesn't tend travel too well in them in my experience...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom