LG42LF66 - which Sky remote - rev 8 - should I buy

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Lyndell, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Lyndell

Lyndell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My dear mum is 88 years old and loves her tv. She has had Sky for 4 years and last June I bought her the LG42LF66. She has had to use 2 remote controls since then - her normal Sky one and the one which came with the tv. Unfortunately she is getting a bit confused with them and I want her to be able to control the tv with her Sky remote. This forum has been a mine of information and I now realise why I cannot program her Sky remote - it is only rev 4. I know I will have to buy a new Sky remote but my problem is which one! I know it isn't the sky + one but am wondering if I should buy the Sky HD rev 8 or the normal Sky rev 8. Her tv is HD ready but she will never subscribe to HD. Would both remotes be suitable and if so has anyone got any recommendations which would be the best buy. Hope someone can help.:)

2. Hippogriff

Hippogriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think this sounds like a process of elimination.

If it's not the Sky+ one. And if it's not the HD one - as she doesn't have, and won't ever have, HD.

Then it's the normal Sky remote.

Something like this BRAND NEW SKY REMOTE REV 8 on eBay, also, Remote Controls, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 02-Feb-09 01:10:07 GMT) on eBay or this SKY Remote Control SILVER (PLASMA) REV 8 Latest version on eBay, also Digital Receivers, Satellite Boxes Receivers, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 17-Feb-09 08:12:18 GMT)

...then your code should be something like 1293, 0206 or, possibly, 0065 - as per Sky.com - Find your remote control code

Cheers, DpM

3. Lyndell

Lyndell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for your quick reply - I do appreciate it. I thought it would be the standard remote but just wanted confirmation. My only doubt was that the tv is HD ready so was unsure if the settings affected which remote to get. Thanks also for the codes - wish ne luck.

4. Lyndell

Lyndell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DpM - followed your link - just ordered the plasma version. Thanks once again.