LG32LE2R - Any further info on this? Plse?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Buzz234, Dec 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Buzz234

Buzz234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

Merry Christmas first off.. :)

Have been lookin at this as a possiblity, but i cannot for the life of me find out a good set of technical specs and reviews / past user thoughts on this model.

Pixmania sells it at £459 inc VAT
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/461012/art/lg/lcd-16-0-32-82-cm-hd-read.html#

found this on the French site:
    http://fr.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...tId=01&modelCodeDisplay=32LE2R&model=NOTHING#

anyone have any thoughts on this model or past experience? i would really appreciate it :)

I get the impression this is an end of line product?

thanks - Buzz :)

2. Buzz234

Buzz234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, well i just found the mamoth online PDF from the french site (download it here):
    http://fr.lge.com/products/mobile/m...&parentId=01&gcscId=IVL&paramModelCode=32LE2R

(select "anglais" from the language area (tout pulldown bar))

the images below show the complete setup! (Taken from two merged screen shots from p10 of the PDF) :D - hope this helps others too if they have liked the look of this one..

**ive copied the connections box big at the bottom of the image and ringed the areas of thought (HDMI & YUV Cinch input :D!) i thought it didnt have this because i never trust specs unless u can see it on it.. (esp pixmania lol)

[​IMG]

3. Buzz234

Buzz234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *bump?*

4. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I've ordered one - the 37" (from Pixmania) so I will give more info when it comes...

Many thanks for the manual...

5. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    It arrived just now! :thumbsup:

6. gogu

gogu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it arrived??GOOD!

i'm also interested in this 37" LG tv...so could you do a review of it??
    -the quality with TV signals??is ok?
    -with dvd??how do you connect it?
    -how is the contrast?black level?colours?
    -could you watch in the manual if it has the DCDi Farudja??
    tell us everything please!!if you can posto also some photos..
    i'm waiting for you!!!!

thanks and happy television watching!:hiya:

7. Bojanglez

Bojanglez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Looking at getting the 32" from Pixmania, would also be very interested in hearing your impressions, especially of blacks during DVD playback. If anyone has any experience of gaming on these sets too I would be interested to hear.

Pics would be great if possible.

8. Buzz234

Buzz234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes plse SonT if you would provide some feedback plus images.

i meant to ask - what is Pixmania's returns like? i mean if it turns up with dead pixels or faulty - will they exchange within 7/28days with no question or will it all be a long drawn out affair?

how do you find the pic quality?

i was in currys this morning watching a sharp and LG side by side, i could notice the contrast different between them (the Lg having 1600:1) - image quality seemed very good - how come so many people knock LG screens? or is it simply the after sales service?

** Sad to see Pixmania have just upped their price from 456 to 471 during the Christmas SALES - ?!

9. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Blacks wouldn’t be that good cos it uses an S-IPS panel but it’s an awesome choice for HTPC users.

10. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549

lol, the LG doesn’t actually has 1600:1. That’s just quoted ratio, the true ratio would be around 700-800:1.

11. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Well, I ordered it from Pixmania (first ever order) on the 26th, it was shipped on 27th/28th, and it arrived today (Parcelforce24) 2-3 days as promised. No security check. Used the promo code priceuk061206 to get a tenner off (in effect £5 for postage!)

So far so good.

The box it came in was 105x85x40 (WxHxD) so it looks big and it is a monster in place... :)

Comes with European power cord with UK adaptor (but it is just a standard 3 pin computer power cord). It comes with a huge multi-language manual and only 2% of is in English - so is not comprehensive at all.

Plug it in and turn it on and it is already asking you which language for the installation guide... I suppose it is going to asking to set it up - tuning channels etc but this disappeared as I was still trying to attach the scart lead at the back. My setup is via one scart lead from the AVR.

Anyway seems to work OK with my current setup (just one scart on AV1 - I should hope so!). Tested it with my Humax PVR, my DVD recorder (viewing a DVD) and my XBMC Xbox (not 360) and all seems OK. I will give a definitive review as time goes by... but this is just a starter so don't expect much...

The remote at first looked a bit cheap but on second thought it is not and might grow on me... but I have a Harmony 525 so it won't matter to me - but you might want to know.

The LCD itself is BIG. It is all black except the silver bar at the bottom dividing the screen and the speakers bar which is angled inwards towards the bottom. Two LEDs on the right of the silver bar and XD, HD Ready and HDMI logos on the left. The shinny LG logo in the middle above the silver bar. All controls and inputs are where they should be (i.e. as in the diagram above).

I will take some pictures now and post them later...

What are the things I should focus on? Any questions...

PS I will be trying to connect a PC to this don't you worry... And oh year it comes with a CDROM - I guess for PC drivers and on the manual it says an extended online manual is also on it...

12. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    awesome thx. Can please tell me refresh rates shown on the Windows display property window when using DVI-HDMI cable?

13. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Er... um... you might have to wait a while as I don't have such a cable... and my only DVI output is with a Mac Mini... I will read up and dig some info out with respect to this but I assume it will do a low 60Hz...

14. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Some initial photos can be found here.

The picture seen with the real eyes are different to the images of course but these give you an impression... let me know if they are any good! I took the 'whole tv' at about 2.80m (110") - the others are with optical zoom at this distance.

Lots of pictures with blacks (camera made it even darker!). Let me know what you think... All on programmes on TV tonight all using my Humax 9200T PVR (which has an excellent PQ) - have not tuned the analogue receiver yet!

15. Buzz234

Buzz234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply and the images :eek:)

- so all in all pixmania was a good buy? - were there any dead pixels on the screen?

how have you found the screen to perform with fast paced images - ie sports/car chase scenes etc

and

have u encountered any "buzzing" problems such as others have reported?

16. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Yes, I've read about the humming... I will test when I fiddle with the contrast setting... Currently sound is driven via the AVR so it is set to 0 on the LG.

I am currently watching a recorded programme on the PVR so will let you know if there's anything odd. Because it is such a big size and I am watching SD TV there are the usual 'artifacts' (pixellation, etc) but not all the time - sometimes it is very clear and PQ is good. I am also sitting at the 2.8m so unless I stand near the screen you can hardly notice this.

Dead pixels? Dunno until I plug in the PC and examine the screen inch by inch ;)

Currently I am happy with the buy but having no other LCD experience, and not yet have to get help or make a return it is hard to say. Most people who post here and have bought a large LCD always say 'I am very pleased...' but then they will have to be as they've just forked out £800+ for a TV!!

What I am not happy with is my physical setup - the screen is too high and I will have to put the speakers on the floor ;)

17. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    That's on bud. I know it can do 50 and 60Hz but I wanted to if it can display 72Hz as well lol

18. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Is that a Panny DVD recorder you have there?

19. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    No, just an Ellion DVR 530S :(

20. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    oh cos you can improve the quality of SD by routing it through a quality DVD recorder

21. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    How? Does the Panny upscale?

I used the PVR's menu to find just one dead pixel. Good that it is not in the centre of the screen...

Just noticed the guide in your sig. Wished I known before buying an LCD ;) Will it hurt to read it now?

22. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    The low-end Panny (DMR-ES15) will de-interlace 576i to 576p and transmit the data to the TV via component. All the TV does is simply up-scale the image. The version above DME-ES15 will not only de-interlace the video, it up-scales the image via HDMI.

Keep in mind that DMR-ES15 is does not have RGB-in

DMR-ES10 is £100 (with RGB in)
    DMR-ES15 is <£150 (w/o RGB in)
    DMR-EZ25 (HDMI)

23. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    na cos the LG was a sweet deal lol

24. gogu

gogu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your review..
    i'd like to know:
    - how is the contrast?black is blue?
    -do you think it has the dcdi deinterlacer?could you see in the manual?
    -how is the dvd watching?good definition?pixelation?solarization?
    -is there any buzz from the tv when it is switched off?
    -Could you post some pic of dvd, like lord of rings or the gladiator or anyone?

thanks!

25. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I've just tried a couple of CDs: Toy Story and Matrix Reloaded. DVD PQ is a lot better than SDTV. Colour and contrast is great. I've uploaded some Matrix screenshots here and the fight scene with multiple agents was good (fast motion action) and the suits were black (not blue)!

I can't find anything technical in the manual (ref: de-interlacer). I will answer some more later...

26. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Just tuned in the analogue receiver. PQ is pretty good - I think it is better than the digital picture from the PVR... strange that...

Tried to use PiP - doesn't work with the analogue channels (can't watch 2 analogue channels) but works on inputs. Behaves a bit weird with the pictures - squashing them into the two halves when side by side... The manual says this: "PIP function is available in the Component, RGB, HDMI mode. (But, it can't adjust 480i/576i resolution of Component mode.)" I don't know what this means...

PS Just dropped the contrast down to about 10 - no buzzing! :clap:

27. gogu

gogu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and over 10 is there the buzz?is annoying?
    how did you connect dvd player??which dvd player is??

28. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Contrast was set at 100 (full) when it came (default?). Sound was fine - but I wasn't checking. In this thread people were complaining about the buzzing when the contrast was dropped below a certain level...

The sound from the built in 'bar' speakers is quite good - I am surprised!

My setup of yesterday - all my bits were connected via composite (very poor - I know but it was fine with a small 28" CRT). So the PQ was as described... good. Today bought 2 composite cables and connected the DVD recorder (Ellion DVR 530S) via composite to the AVR and then to the input on the LCD... It was a noticeable improvement yes.

I then connected my PVR directly to AV1 (via scart). The PQ did improve BUT DROPPING the CONTRAST down to 10 did produce a better picture... Less of those blocks and pixellation of the picture :thumbsup: (Anyone know why?)

[​IMG].

29. gogu

gogu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there a way to adjust the amount of lamp light brightness? i don't' believe there is this function on lg lcd's...
    so in the last photo with most.&co, how did you connect che dvd?composite ? component?scart?hdmi? i think it's too bright..don't' you think?
    please, see if there is the dcdi farudja and see if it is le2r model o lc2r model...
    thanks you!!!:)

30. son_t

son_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    The DVD (recorder) is connected via component (via the AVR) to the LCD.

I don't know what 'lamp light brightness' is...

There is no mention of de-interlacing in the manual or on-screen menus... so I assume there is no DCDi facility (is that correct?). I guess this is a good assumption as LG Electronics have their 'XD Engine' - which is part of this LCD set. It is a possibility that the XD Engine uses the Faroudja technique or uses the DCDi chip that does this de-interlacing...

The model I have is definitely the LC37LE2R - it says so on the serial/model label on the side :)