1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG3200e/LG3550e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jacko, Mar 4, 2001.

1. Jacko

Jacko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please tell me if this is right. The primary difference between these 2 DVD players is the 5.1 outputs and the 2 scart connectors at the back, plus I think remote is different ? Don't know what you think but was wondering if its worth the extra £40 plus for the LG3350 ?

2. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also -

* Jog Shuttle on the Remote and Machine

* The Remote is a lot better.

* It plays MP3's CD's

* It plays CD-R's and CD-RW's

* A confirmed Multi-Region hack

I certainly think it is worth the extra £40. I can confirm it is a very nice play and well worth the money.

3. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    went to pay my electric bill at northern eletric and saw a lg 3350e for £179.95 next to it was a lg 3200e for £199.as you can expect i was confused i asked why the price was so cheap since it retails at £250-£280 everywhere else, has more features and is a better machine than the lg 3200 (hint hint).i was told northern electric do some kind of deal with lg in order to promote there name and sell them at a discount price.i had been in the market for a dvd player and had read good things about the lg3350e so i purchased it(it was the last one left in the shop).that was three weeks ago and what a bargain not only did i get it £100 cheaper than rrp but the 3350e is an excellent player great picture (a little dark for some maybe but i have always prefered a darker image)and fantastic audio with the added option of 5.1 outputs to boot pretty decent remote to.dont know what your version of northern electric is since i reside in newcasle but it might be worth checking out.with the 5.1 out puts and other added features you cant go wrong even at £240 so imagine how i feel.

4. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its newcastle (not newcasle duuuuuh)

5. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The overall picture quality is quite a bit better on the 3350. I upgraded from the 2330P mainly because the 2330 had loads of bugs (wouldnt display Apocalypse Now menus and couldnt cope with seamless branching on The Abyss).

The 3350 is (so far) bug-free and has a fabulous picture/sound.