Lg32 lg3000

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by tomsky, Feb 12, 2009.

1. tomsky

tomsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Had this tv for about 2 months,got it from richer sounds,only over the last week i have noticed,that there is a buzzing sound which can be heard on certain ads and films,it only happens now and again but is annoying when it does it,i have put it down to the plastic casing on the tv.Would anyone else put up with this or should i take it back,knowing my luck it wont do it at the store:eek:should i stick to my guns and get another tv,it sounds like a design fault to me and not with the tv itself:confused:thx for lookin.

2. tomsky

tomsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well 50 views of this and no replys.come on guys i thought we were supposed to help each other out on here.:(:confused:

3. snowjoey

snowjoey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    if it only happens occasionally then it sounds (not joke intended) like its a case of particular frequencies of sound, probably the low middle frequencues are causing the vibration of the casing which will produce the buzzing sound. My 32LG5020 does it sporadically. Unfortunately its a problem i suspect all LCD tvs suffer from because everything is so tightly compact in the casing. I think LG suffers more than others becacuse their LCD tvs are some the the thinnest around.

You could take it back or at first call up richer sounds. They are fairly good people. If you still have the box and the tv is as new and resaleable then it might not be a problem. However you may find that a replacement LG tv or another TV of a another brand for the same price (bare in mind it is at the lower end of spectrum in terms of quality) suffers from the same problem. However this said even if something is cheap it should still not buzz.

I tend to think with regards to my set that it only happens so rarely that it cant really be a fault. I think i have to get the volume at the wrong level on the wrong channel at the wrong time during the wrong program/ad for it to happen. Its the frequencies that you would cut on a mixing desk when doing live sound or recording an album because they arent particularly appealing!

You might be able to adjust the sound settings on the tv and cut some of the lower frequencies however this will compromise the limited bass output these tvs have.

Many people on here will argue that an LCD tv is not designed to work best if at all on its own. You need to have a sound package to go with it. Whether this is the full 5.1 or not depends on your tv watching and sound tastes. I opt for just connecting mine up to the Cambridge Audio amp and Eltax floor speakers. It works really well and I have limited space in my flat and would rather have a good quality audio (music) setup and use it for movie watching then the other way round.

So you need to think about how often it occurs. If you like the tv and its only an occasional thing then look at getting a surround sound package it might feel like throwing more money at the problem but if you get a good setup it will make you enjoy the tv so much more. There are quite a few around with upscaling dvd players thrown in if you havent already got one.

4. tomsky

tomsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the info,snow,I gave RS a ring today and they have said its ok to bring back,i did say to them its more of a design fault,than a fault with the actual tv,and they will class it as that.Will just have to see what they have in when i take it back on thurs this week,really like this tv though,thinking of getting the 37 version of this,yeah i know what ya thinking same caseing but i know a few people who have this and have not had any probs with that one?I have a surround amp and speakers but no room for them at the mo,as this tv is in the bedroom and so limited space wise.:rolleyes:With the warranty and tv i could go to £450.00 and thats tops,will find out on thursday.(its a bit more than occasionally)he he :devil:

5. snowjoey

snowjoey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    whilst remembering this is an LG forum i hear (no joke intended again!) Panasonic are considered to have some of the better tvs with regard to sound quality.