1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG14 plasma and buzzing

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by CrumpetMan, Apr 21, 2003.

1. CrumpetMan

CrumpetMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got an LG14 plasma today and it buzzes! It happens even if I disconnect all inputs so I'm guessing it's to do with the power supply or something like that.

If I put my head behind the screen it is very noticeable, if I have the volume low to medium and sit 10 feet away I can still hear it. My girlfriend says she can't hear it as long as there is some other background noise or there is sound coming out of the speakers.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with this model or the LG17? I am wondering whether to get it swapped out or just return it for a refund and get an LG17 instead.

Otherwise I am enjoying the display very much, I can't bear to look at my old 28 inch widescreen now!

TIA.

2. KevinWood

KevinWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you have a faulty screen. I have had my 14 for 5 months now and it has no buzzing sounds at all!

If you can, I would probably advise you go for a 17 as it is a newer and slightly better spec'd model, although it doesn't have the tuner (which in my opinion is a great bit of kit as it gives plenty of connectivity options with no noticeable degradation of signal!!).

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well I have the 17 and it is silent. No buzzing at all. Sounds like it could be faulty or a good reason to return it.

If you can take it back and get the 17 I would. It has twice the contrast and superior brightness to the 14.

4. CrumpetMan

CrumpetMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well it is definitely going back. Once the refund is sorted I will take a look at the 17 from richer sounds. Thanks for the information guys.