1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG14 & JS RGB -> Component Converter - anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TP2K, Apr 14, 2003.

1. TP2K

TP2K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously considering ordering the JS unit for use with my LG14 plasma.

Does anyone here already have the two up and running? Is it worth the invesment to get a converter for the LG14 - will there be much better pic quality?

Thanks for any comments.

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Better quality than what?

I have a JS Tech RGB2YUV convertor that I use between Sky Digital and an iScan Ultra. This is because the iScan Ultra doesn't accept a scart's RGBs signal. However, the JS Tech box is excellent in that it doesn't introduce interference or downgrade the picture in anyway.

If your plasma can accept RGBs, why put something else in between the source and the screen? It won't look any better.

However, if you are say currently using S-Video, or heaven forbid composite, out of a source such as Sky; and your plasma doesn't accept RGB, then this box will provide a much better quality than either S-Video or Composite.

Check the sticky at the top of the DVD Player forum for more details RE Composite vs S-Video vs RGB vs Component.

StooMonster

3. YYZ

YYZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Stoomonster. I've recently bought the JS RGB to S Vid running through an iScan Pro and the difference from composite is dramatic. It all depends where you're starting from as to the degree of improvement.

4. House

House

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I am using the JS RGB - Component converter for my Sky box on my LG17.

I have no idea whether it will improve anything as this is how I have used it since purchase.

Having said that, I do find the picture quality pretty damn good !

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I use a scan RGB Scart component converter to connect my DVD, Xbox and NTL Digital to my LG 17. It works great. Component is the only way to go with these screens.