Lg ??

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Jepsen, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Jepsen

Jepsen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which Lg 42" should I choose???

Which is the best?

Any suggestion? :lease:

2. G1OSE

G1OSE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    what will you be doing with it?

3. Jepsen

Jepsen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regular tv and dvds

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    TH42PWD7 if I were you.

5. neonmod

neonmod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have 2 choices with the LG.

Standard def panel 852 x 480 resolution, LG-RZ42PX11 (non HD future proof).

High def panel 1024 x 768 resolution,, LG-RZ42PY10X (fully HD future proof).

Both will suit your needs!

NM.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    They didn't suit yours though did they. They have a mixed reputation here, some serious complaints over PQ. I've seen them, they disgust me. I am shocked that they can sell them for the same money as a Panasonic these days. It's not that the panasonic SD screen is the be all and end all, it's not perfect. What it is, is serious value for money compared to all the £1299 ish Korean panels, it's head and shoulders above them in every way, measurable and simply snob value on your wall.

7. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +482
    PX11 is awful. I cannot see why people rate it, it ain't the picture for sure. The £££'s convinces people that they have bought something good. People can kid themselves all they like but as soon as 5000:1 was heard about, the blinkers have been off and it was all one way returns traffic. Says it all.

The PY10 isn't bad actually. Looks a half decent screen. However priced at £3400 in the UK (only seen it in the flesh in one place) it is the most bizarre pricing and marketing of a mediocre budget brand, plasma ever heard of. If it says anything, it says even a budget brand like LG cannot produce a good plasma, cheaply. So don't kid yourself the PX11 is more than what it is, cos it just isn't.

Their history in plasma has the reputation of a dog, as a brand they don't make anything of distinction or any class leading product.

Who in there right mind wants to buy a half decent LG priced at more than a Pioneer XDE or a whole host of top branded top end screens ??? :rolleyes:

8. PetriM

PetriM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its obvious why you should choose LG instead of so called "high quality brands".

In LG´s price ranges (both PX11 and PY10), there arent really any serious competitors. Why? Because of the conections.

Both LGs have:

Tuner
    3 * scart (two RGB)
    Composite (!)
    DVI (!)
    VGA

And they both come with two years warranty.

Check the connections, if you are not choosing LG! This is an important feature, if you really want to use HD sources!

And what comes to picture quality. LG has great picture if Im asked. Specially the PY10. You should check model PX12. Its much cheaper than PY10, but its still HD and have same connections.

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    All the ones I've seen absolutely stink. No other way of putting it.

10. PetriM

PetriM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know what body part you use for watching, but taking a shower for it would be nice idea. Maybe it would stink less...

11. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +482
    The PY10 is way overpriced and it does indeed have serious competitors. In fact better and quality branded ones eg Pioneer. Personally I would never dream of parting with that much cash for only an LG. It's more than twice the price of the PX11.

PX11 the PQ is simply pants. No point raving about connections if a display device fails on the one thing it's made for ie PQ. Banding, solarisation, contrast to name just a few of it's problems. It's meant to improve after 200hrs but there seem to be plenty of owners taking them back after that meaning it fails to convince all but the die hards.

Motto of the PX11 - What starts off rubbish ends up rubbish, you only get taken for the ride in between.

12. PetriM

PetriM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which model would you recommend from Pioneer instead of PY10? Im also buying a plasma at the moment, and Im glad to hear all the alternatives there is. This far I havent found any good choices for PY10 and I would to know before Im making the final decision.

13. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +482
    If you're in London pop into Selfridges where they have the whole PY10 family 42,50 & 60" monster.

Nearby they have the 435 XDE for £2995, the PX11 for £1600, which goes to show their prices are not extortionate by any means from a premium dept store.

42PY10 @ £3400 ??? Wouldn't even entertain the thought when the Pioneer XDE is right opposite it at £2995. :rolleyes:

14. PetriM

PetriM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips. Actually... Im from Finland. :oops:

In Netherlands PY10 seems to cost 2000 pounds at the moment. I think it has value for that money. But Ill have to check out what Pioneers cost in Germany or in Netherlands. And I have to see Pioneer live before ordering anything. Specs are very interesting...

Thanks