Question LG WX Series OLED Soundbar Question

connect

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I’m in the process of designing a new extension and want to put a TV in it.

I’m looking at either the WX or GX. I’d like the sound to be good so I’m wondering about the WX soundbar. Does anyone know if it has improved from previous W generations? I’m wondering if a wireless sub or wireless rear speakers could be connected to it?

If not I think i’d be better off with the GX as at least I can do what I want with the sound.

Does anyone have any WX experience yet?

Not sure about the WX soundbar. But the GX has a matching soundbar which looks better than the WX soundbar IMO. The GX soundbar a 3.1.2 and comes with a wireless sub and you can expand it with a set of optional wireless LG surround speakers.
F52841FA-1897-4621-8CA0-648A4D0EAE6F.jpeg

F041526A-5DD8-4C36-9207-0EB34D9936BF.jpeg

Here is a website link : LG GX | Dolby Atmos Soundbar

Not sure about the WX soundbar. But the GX has a matching soundbar which looks better than the WX soundbar IMO. The GX soundbar a 3.1.2 and comes with a wireless sub and you can expand it with a set of optional wireless LG surround speakers.
View attachment 1325962

View attachment 1325961
Here is a website link : LG GX | Dolby Atmos Soundbar

ohhhhh I did not know this existed!!!

this will solve a couple of issues for me as I can:

1) move the bracket up slightly to correct a wonky install

2) get better sound than from my Sonos beam!

Is that a 55 or 65” screen? Do they do different size Soundbar to match the screen size? Looks 👍

not exactly sure but believe it’s only one size given there is only one price listing. And if that’s true then the picture shows 55inch
not exactly sure but believe it’s only one size given there is only one price listing. And if that’s true then the picture shows 55inch.

24A0564E-CF77-4D84-9E8C-1716CF9A7433.jpeg

Last edited:
“From 15th July - 18th August, LG is also offering customers who purchase the new LG GX Soundbar a 50 percent discount when purchased with an LG OLED GX TV (55”, 65”, 77”).”

nice one LG, way to reward your loyal early adopters!

John Lewis have this in stock. So tempting.....but it's a real sucker punch that I won't get the 50% off which LG is offering anyone who now purchases the GX!

John Lewis have this in stock. So tempting.....but it's a real sucker punch that I won't get the 50% off which LG is offering anyone who now purchases the GX!

Also the specs on the John Lewis site specifies that it’s the same width as the 65inch GX so it won’t fit the 55inch. Also it’s a 3.1 so I’m assuming Atmos is virtual.

Also the specs on the John Lewis site specifies that it’s the same width as the 65inch GX so it won’t fit the 55inch. Also it’s a 3.1 so I’m assuming Atmos is virtual.

Yep, seems to be. I'm in two minds, either stick with a AV receiver and get proper speakers which I cannot really use (due to neighbour) or get this and then move my TV up a touch to accommodate it, which will also allow someone to actually put the TV straight on the wall instead of it being off centre and wonky!

Just put a deposit down on a 65GX today. Couldn‘t get sign off from the wife for a full 5.1 AV set up (doesn’t like the speaker look) so I’m thinking about getting this soundbar but there are no reviews anywhere, does anyone know if it’s Meridian supported? Not sure if to get this or go for the Sennheiser Ambeo. Pretty sure the SA will be better sound quality however the GX would look better against the matching TV.

My order for the GX soundbar has arrived today, if the paperwork in the box is anything to go by it's sized to match the 65" TV.

I've only got room for the 55" TV which is arriving Wednesday. So my Soundbar is going to be longer than the TV, might look a bit weird.

My order for the GX soundbar has arrived today, if the paperwork in the box is anything to go by it's sized to match the 65" TV.

I've only got room for the 55" TV which is arriving Wednesday. So my Soundbar is going to be longer than the TV, might look a bit weird.
Hi there - did you end up buying the GX Soundbar? Are you still using it? Any thoughts on performance?
PT.

Hi there - did you end up buying the GX Soundbar? Are you still using it? Any thoughts on performance?
PT.
Hi.

Yes I did buy the soundbar, I'm very happy with its performance, it integrates well with our LG TV. Sounds great, even without the satellite speakers. I've tested a few UHD Blu-rays; Mad max, Le-mans and Blade runner and they made the upgrade worth while.

Also it's very easy to use it as a Bluetooth speaker.

Hi.

Yes I did buy the soundbar, I'm very happy with its performance, it integrates well with our LG TV. Sounds great, even without the satellite speakers. I've tested a few UHD Blu-rays; Mad max, Le-mans and Blade runner and they made the upgrade worth while.

Also it's very easy to use it as a Bluetooth speaker.
Thx for letting me know. Am tempted to order the wireless surrounds but struggling to confirm if that then enables 5.1 or if it's still 3.1 - with the frony channels just replicated at the rear.

Doies anyone know?

Thx for letting me know. Am tempted to order the wireless surrounds but struggling to confirm if that then enables 5.1 or if it's still 3.1 - with the frony channels just replicated at the rear.

Doies anyone know?
5.1 according to LG.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom