LG wireless surround

max1510

Novice Member
Hi guys please help,i have just moved house and i am now getting a hum from one of the wireless rear speakers.it doesnt go up and down with volume and is only apparent when rear speakers not in use....it is pretty much setup the same as old house but the only difference is i have had to put the sky hd box on top of reciver due to the design of the cabinet,everything else is the same as old house....please advise thank you

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
start moving kit/cables,etc..removing wires,switching items on and off..
wireless speakers can pick up interference from cordless phones,microwaves,mobiles,etc, and that sounds like what it is,and trial and error is the only way to solve it,unless its faulty,which after doing a bit of investigation,might be the issue,but you wont know till you try.
you will get a hum,or a hiss from most wireless speakers anyway,even when they arent used,but "on".

max1510

Novice Member
Hi guys well been busy but sorted out the humming noise i fitted a hum filter from a music shop on the output of the player to that leads to the transmitter for wireless transmission to the surround and hey presto its all gone quite and no affect on volume or quality.Im so impressed for an item of 6 euros....:D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom