LG WebOS 6.0 vs Sony Android TV?

Ice_Black

Standard Member
I currently have Sony 49XH8505 (LED) and it is a Smart Android TV. I really like Android TV because it is customisable on the home screen and pretty responsive/fast as well.

I am thinking of getting LG OLED55C14LB (WebOS 6.0) but how does that compare with Android TV? Will I hate it or love it as I am very familiar with Android TV.

On the home Android TV I have customised this way:

Rows 1: Apps boxes
Row 2: Display channels from Live TV shows via Satellite ports
Row 3: Youtube channels
Rows 4: Netflix shows

Is that even possible with WebOS 6.0?

Kapkirk

I personally prefer the lg web os on the LG tv's to the Sony's

Kapkirk

I don't have an LG, a friend has, it's a few years old and I really liked the OS, my son and my brother both have Sony's with Android both less than 2 years old and I hate using them, I basically just gave up trying to set up my son's Sony, found it a nightmare compared with my Panasonic HZ.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
I have new Sony and LG TV'S bought in last 5 months. I can find little difference in use except the Sony appears slicker and faster. I find changing Freeview channel by straight number frustrating on LG as I always have to do it twice. First attempt just brings up app bar. Maybe I have missed something in settings but also find settings on this LG TV a bit of a maze.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom