Lg watch urbane is it worth it??

MaineRoad00

Established Member
Reaction score
Always had a cheeky look at getting a smart watch but never really felt the need as there weren't many I liked the look of.

One watch I do quite like visually is the LG urbane

I could buy a brand new one with warranty for £105, do you think I'd be stupid not to get it at this price?

Where have you see the LG Watch Urbane for £105 new?

Regards

Ah, thanks dannymcfc. I'll give it a sniff.

I notice the updated version of this watch is currently retailing for over £400. From a brief read of the spec it seems the only additional features you get for an extra £300 or so is a slightly higher resolution, slightly larger screen and built in GPS. I also think it offers a speaker so you can take and make voice calls using the watch which would be useful.

The watches technology is over 2 years old now but I see people are successfully using this watch with Android wear 2 so I think it's still a useful piece of technology. Over and above the usual notifications, etc. I think the wifi connectivity is probably the most interesting aspect of this watch, not so much the cloud option because of the inherent issues but the connectivity at home/office.

As far as value for money is concerned, I see branded smart watches retail for well over the £200 mark. This watch seems to offer more than the basic functionality at a below bargain basement price. So arguably it's good value for money.

When it comes down to it, I think any smart watch helps leaverages the not insignificant money already invested in your mobile phone but this is only true if you'll make use of the watches functionality. In reality, only you can answer that question but at least you're risking far less money than you would if you invested in any of the current smart watch offerings.

I was wanting a smart watch a long time ago and this was the one I was thinking of getting back then so I've bit the bullet and just ordered it as you say for the price I can't complain

Well you're in good company, I ordered one myself. I'm going to pair it with the sim free LG G5 plus friends pack I got new last August for a very good price (£350).

I love buying good hardware which fortunately the general public doesn't quite get. Hopefully, I'll be able to add this to my collection. At this price, well worth a punt.

That's a little concerning. It said nothing about been an unsealed, open box item on the web site. I'm not sure what the warranty situation is with open box items. I'm glad your watch was all good.

I'm curious, doesn't the box say, 'do not accept if this seal is broken'.

Did you notice the unsealed box when inside the shop? What, if any explanation did they give you for that?

Mine will be delivered tomorrow. I hope it's OK.

Thanks for the heads up though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom