• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG warranties transferable?

Geoggy

Hi

I have an E6 I bought in 2016 from Superfi.

When I bought it, it came with a 5 year warranty from LG.

I spoke to Superfi today and they didn’t know if the warranty was transferable or not.

Ive tweeted LG but had no answer.

Anyone know the answer?

John W Creasy

Distinguished Member
If your warranty is from LG then you most likely have Domestic and General cover. That can be transferable providing you engage with them.

If it's Superfi then I have no idea.

Geoggy

If your warranty is from LG then you most likely have Domestic and General cover. That can be transferable providing you engage with them.

If it's Superfi then I have no idea.

Thanks. Superfi referred me to LG who referred me to Superfi. Beginning to think if it’s even still in warranty.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
If it was as suggested above with Domestic & General, you would have received a copy of the warranty in the post and it is definitely transferable so long as you notify them of the change of ownership, again as mentioned above.

marcd5123

1st year is always with the Manufacturer in this case LG the remaining years I. E John Lewis 4 years will be direct with the retailer certainly not the manufacturer if its with Richer Sounds its 5 years will be with Richer Sounds direct.

The extended warranty is provided by the retailer not the manufacturer unless you have acutally purchased a extended warranty via the manufacturer direct. Its quite simple.

So if any retailer turns around after the initial 1 year Manufacturer warranty has expired and states go back to the manufacturer then that's complete BS!. This is common knowledge in law anyhow and has been so for many many years.

Also if their is a 5 or 6 year warranty provided for any electrical equipment /goods from John Lewis, Richer Sounds, Crampton & Moore, Hughes they will always have that on your original proof of purchase period!.

You don't need to start faffing about whether it's with D&G General that's something that's dealt with the retailer and 3rd party company to deal with and not the customer.

I know for a fact that John Lewis use a company called Order works or ICTV to cover all their repaires or Replacements as I a John Lewis customer and have had that my self with a TV.

You only need to worry about warranty transfer with D&G if you have acutally purchased an extended warranty from D&G direct.

You need or must deal the relevant retailer for warranty transfers as that is whom the original " purchased contract" with.

If that given retailer has given permission and has agreed to a "transferable" warranty you MUST get that in writing or an email /letter stating that as word of mouth you won't stand a chance.

Good luck 😎 :thumbsup:

Geoggy

Thanks. Original retailer went into administration.

I have an email from them at the time stating the 5 year warranty was with LG.

I’d be surprised if I am the only member here who bought the E6 from Superfi at the time as they were by far the cheapest with a site wide 10% Black Friday discount code.

The new owners of Superfi aren’t interested. I’m talking to LG on Twitter. If they say they have no record of it then I guess I’m selling it at a reduced price with no warranty.

marcd5123

@
Thanks. Original retailer went into administration.

I have an email from them at the time stating the 5 year warranty was with LG.

I’d be surprised if I am the only member here who bought the E6 from Superfi at the time as they were by far the cheapest with a site wide 10% Black Friday discount code.

The new owners of Superfi aren’t interested. I’m talking to LG on Twitter. If they say they have no record of it then I guess I’m selling it at a reduced price with no warranty.

@Geoggy Well unless im mistaken I don't think LG has ever had 5 Year warranty on either their LCD & OLED ranges. I think they have only ever done 5 Year Warranty on their home kitchen appliances.

If I'm mistaken by all means correct me. As for Superfi I definitely know of the company. Obviously LG don't have to honour that at all as they will just say its the retailer which is correct. I think you were sadly coned or Superfi definitely have you the false /incorrect information for sure.

If that's the case and assuming Superfi were correct why is it the case that John Lewis, Curry's, Crampton & Moore, Hughes, Richer Sounds and Peter Tyson to name a handful of all very reputable retailers par Curry's I cant personally stand them all offered 5 Year Warranty richer sounds 6 year warranty which clearly states it with the retailer direct as each of all those retailers advertise on their own respective websites and in stores regarding their warrantys...

If I saw that and then Superfi state LG provide the warranty personally that would raise some alarm bells 🤔.. That something is not quite Wright here.

Personally that's probably why your E6 was cheaper maybe from them. Just some thoughts.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom