Question LG W7 OLED owners?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Maybejames, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Maybejames

Maybejames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I know the panels and chips are the same across the range, but has anyone on here bought the W7?
    I’m keen to get a view on how it holds up. Most notably the sound bar. But also the install process.
    I can get my hands on the 65” version for 5.5k and trying to weight up if (at that price) it’s worth going for. (I love the panel design).

Can’t seem to find any decent reviews as LG didn’t send review units.

2. vx220

vx220

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, ive owned a b6 and 2 g6 models and was considering a 65w series or a 77inch used g6 for similar money but this particular set was riddled with a constant image retention of sky and amazon tv logo. These were only visible in very dark/black scene so didn't do a deal in the end. I have seen a friends 65w set up and first time I saw it I absolutely fell for the design, the sound was very good for a soundbar! but as it were, if your going to spend between £3k and £7k for a television it simply has to tick all your box's plus some! I'm a die hard oled fan and can never see myself going any other way but I'm going to hold out for ces 2018 to see whats new for 2018.
    I have also had a good few hours with a 2017 lg b7 and without claiming to be an expert or anything, I can personally say that the sets have a superior picture quality than my last 2016 model and I'm told that all 2017 models have the same panels and hardware etc as you mention! watching some hdr and hlg demo I could see an improvement in clarity and colour, so I guess its all about how much money you are willing to pay for design and asthetics!
    W65 is design wise in a league of its own, but it all comes down to if you feel spending that kind of money is worth it right now!
    Having said all that, I have seen a Panasonic and a few sony oleds in shops and they have a lot going for them, with 2018 just round the corner and the likes of, loewe, Bang & olufsen, Toshiba, phillips and even grundig having shown 2017 sets in the making (ifa 2017 show), id say hold out a few months to see whats next to be released before cashing out and at least by then all the current sets will have dropped in price anyway!

3. Maybejames

Maybejames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I live in Hong Kong and have a pretty small living space. So the flat against the wall design really appeals. Even like that I’ll be sat about 1.5m away from the screen.
    Frustrating thing is that over here there is nowhere that you can get some hands on time properly with the set. And there are no decent reviews and very few people have paid £7k for the set (rightly so in my mind).

Glad Soundbar was good, I was worried that without a sub, it’d lose a nice bit of rumble (As much as I can have with neighbours above and below)

And thanks for replying, I’m surprised that there aren’t at least a few W7 owners on this forum. Despite the price!

4. SDH

SDH
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the W7 OLED. Is there anything specific you would like to know?