Lg vs hisense 43 tv

martin 39

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking at a new tv for my dad either a hisense for £379 or a lg for £449 anyone no the difference between these tvs thank you

I'd consider the Hisense B7120 from Argos, its a Roku TV and easy to use. It uses a VA panel. Remote control is small.

If that doesn't suit, for example you want a TV using an IPS panel, go for LG instead. I'd suggest making sure you opt for a model that doesn't have the smart remote, as that can be confusing for older people to use.

If panel type isn't of importance (to me, panel determines picture quality, so is very important) then Samsung TVs are also okay. There smart TV is more traditional than LGs, so maybe easier to use for your Dad.

Looking at a new tv for my dad either a hisense for £379 or a lg for £449 anyone no the difference between these tvs thank you
Elderly people that don't study TVs aren't going to notice the difference in contrast. Especially if they don't watch their TV with the lights off. The lighter blacks you get with an IPS panel aren't that noticeable if you don't watch your TV with the lights off.

On the other hand if you buy a VA panel and watch your TV from an angle the loss in picture accuracy is noticeable whether you have studied the differences between TVs or not. My mother in law complains about the viewing angle on her Samsung TV. I bought a Samsung VA panel several years ago when I knew nothing about TVs. When I brought it home everybody complained about the lack of picture quality, since we watch our TV from an angle. I took the TV back to Costco.

Note: Some VA panels are only good to 10 degrees off axis.

Last edited:
Thanks guys his budget is about £450 max and he needs a center stand to fit the unit the tv will be in the corner facing him. He has sky q which he uses for his netflix as well and finds the voice comand on tbe remote really useful

Philips 43PUS7805 any thoughts s on this tv i have noticed there is a sony as well around this price. He has always liked panasonic but they seem a bit overpriced as i understand there isnt really a high end 43 tv anymore

For most peoples uses, including your father, many 43 inch TVs have phenomenal picture quality. If your father is looking straight at his TV then a VA panel will satisfy every possible need, with the exception of HDR.

He won't have the perfect blacks, but if you don't tell him he will never notice. Your 43 inch Hisense TV with a VA panel will be very similar to the TVs in most pubs. The blacks of these "VA panel" TVs look very good in a dimly lit environment.

If you don't tell him there is something better called HDR he will be blown away with the SDR picture quality. If he spends the extra money for HDR he may be disappointed how marketers embellish this feature.

The only significant difference between the Hisense TV that Dodge recommends and the higher end TVs is the viewing angle, HDR quality and sound. If your dad doesn't study the "greener grass on the other side of the fence" and views his TV straight on he will be extremely happy with the 43" Hisense TV.

Hisense TVs are the "best value" TV brand in my opinion. You get the most for your money. If you look at your TV straight on are there better TVs out there? Yes, but not by much and they cost a lot more.

Go to the reviews on Costco websites to get a clearer picture of owners actual satisfaction with their TVs. You will find that most people are not as critical as professional reviewers and that satisfaction level between the lower end TVs and the higher end TVs is far smaller than presented on forums.

Last edited:
Thanks again the problem i have is he used to watch my kuro and now panasonic oled. I keep trying to explain he isnt going to get that for £400

Panasonic TX-43HX580B any thoughts on these. Sorry just ive never had much to do with lcd tvs

The Philips you picked out should be fine, just don't know if its VA or IPS, likely IPS.
The Panasonic I'd avoid since its not a true Panasonic TV (they outsource these models to production via another company).

Good advice given above. I'd stick with what I've already said, Hisense B7120 from Argos if you don't mind a VA panel, but if you want IPS instead look at LGs.

Thanks dodge i heard about panasonic getting other companies to make tvs. I just thought it was the lowest models. Ill get the hisense with the centre stand for £379 i think

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom