michael 38

HI everyone not posted for a long while, looking at 2 oled 55in tvs, one a panasonic 55jz980b v a lg 55c14lb both the same price I can’t find a shop near me with both In stock to compare the lg has a good review on here the Panasonic has not been reviewed.
I will be using the tv mainly for tv + films and a small amount of gaming I have always had Panasonic tvs in the past and been very happy also the Panasonic service backup near me is very good.
is There a big difference between these sets in all round performance or are they both very similar

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Happy with my LG oled however black crush exists, also panasonic motion is better apparently and don't have black crush

Apps on tv is good but I don't use them.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
You said it all. You always had pana, good service close to you and you are not a heavy gamer.
If you priority is films then I will keep with pana. I have a pana and that natural pana picture is special. You need lots of tweaks to get it with others (but possible of course). Simple as that
You don’t mention price nor sound. Pana 1500 is worth a look as special panel.

michael 38

You said it all. You always had pana, good service close to you and you are not a heavy gamer.
If you priority is films then I will keep with pana. I have a pana and that natural pana picture is special. You need lots of tweaks to get it with others (but possible of course). Simple as that
You don’t mention price nor sound. Pana 1500 is worth a look as special panel.
Both can be bought for £1199 I want decent sound although I do have a sound bar, the Panasonic 1500 however is only £400 more but £1199 is definitely at the top of my budget

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Both can be bought for £1199 I want decent sound although I do have a sound bar, the Panasonic 1500 however is only £400 more but £1199 is definitely at the top of my budget
Nice but you should be able to bag an extra 10 percent with Boxing Day and early jan.
Buy as long as they honour any drop or promotion for 4 weeks…or simply wait and hunt for next price.

michael 38

I just managed to look at both TVs and couldn't believe how bad terrestrial HD TV looked compared with my hd tv I don't know if the salesman couldn't work it is there anyway to improve it on oleds as reasonably good normal hd tv is a big selling point for me

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
I just managed to look at both TVs and couldn't believe how bad terrestrial HD TV looked compared with my hd tv I don't know if the salesman couldn't work it is there anyway to improve it on oleds as reasonably good normal hd tv is a big selling point for me
What is your source ?
I moved from a normal hd tv to 4k.
No issue with normal U.K. feed as long as HD and I am super picky. Don’t test on the store floor, they always have super bad signal.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member

I've played region 1 480p dvd on my LG oled it looks great it depends on compression rate and film quality, and scaler etc.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
It was normal TV through the Ariel at John lewis
Yep. Definitely not the best way to test a tv using their aerial.
I can say that no issue with U.K. HD channels whatever the source. Play some youtube hd channels to see what tv can do with proper feed (which you should have at home).

michael 38

I have just ordered a Panasonic 55jz1500b got £100 off I was going to wait till after Xmas believe it or not Panasonic oleds are in short supply and a lot of shops said they would not be getting any stock of the 1500 till well in to the new year, looking forward to seeing if it’s as impressive as everyone says

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Congrats…this is a dream tv and panel with very good spec. Feed it proper content and enjoy
Do your homework about what setting to use (usually pro and thx ones).
Keep safe

michael 38

Thanks goldorak I read it before I ordered it although all the technical calibration stuff went over my head it still sounds a pretty good telly

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Read some related forum thread and people here can help. But the beauty of this tv is that accuracy out of the box is incredible…
So from the minute you hook it up, you will be amazed as long as you use pro and/or thx settings (tbc for your tv but usually the best).
For the rest, we talk when you have it and if you have questions. Better to talk about a car when you are sitting in one :)
Merry Christmas

michael 38

Got the telly set up not as big a leap forward from my Panasonic 47et60b as I thought loved that telly anyway, haven’t had time to watch much yet but upgraded my Netflix to 4K preferred the cinema setting to filmmaker what are are the magic tweaks people talk about ?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom