• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG v Onkyo home cinema in a box

fesses

Standard Member
Hello

I'm a newbie to home cinema. I'm going to be getting the LG 50pk350 TV soon and I would like a 5.1 blu ray system to go with it. I was thinking of just going the simple route and buying an LG to go with it. Maybe the HB954PB (the one with the blue speakers) but then I starting looking at the Onkyo HT-S3305 and then getting a separate blu ray player but I looked at the Onkyo spec and there is no DLNA/ethernet and I wanted to take advantage of any possible want to download HD movies (I will have Virgin) and if I am correct, I won't be able to with this. Whereas the LGs have ethernet/DLNA.

I also need some stands for all 4 speakes and this can get expensive, another reason to look at the LG one where the front two are already on stands.

But I've heard such good reviews of the Onkyo. I also have lots of music CDs and want a good system to play them on. The LGs and Samungs in store sounded awful.. but they were the very cheap ones.

What do you think? Thank you for any help offered.

fesses

Standard Member
Hello

I risk getting told off for not being patient but please could I have some help? Am I correct in deducing that because the Onyko does not have DLNA/ethernet, I will not be able to play downloaded content through amp and speakers or have I got that all wrong? The virgin box has ethernet of course as will blu ray player (i guess if i get one with this)

Sorry... a very confused girl

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom