Question LG upgrade

renrutg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi AV forum gurus

I'm not a tech wizard when it comes to TV but I know what I need in the way of features and I plan an upgrade to my 37LG7000 which has served me well for 5+ years.

The choice was originally influenced by built in Bluetooth being available on this model as I'm hard of hearing and wanted a TV that I could listen to via a receiver while the family listened at their volume. Sadly when I connected the Bluetooth the TV AV turned off (how stupid – a waste of some designers/software programmers time to output all the messages about “when Bluetooth active TV volume cannot be adjusted” when a simple Press Mute would do that)

So the new upgrade must

Be 4k
Min 37 inch
Have the ability to output and control BOTH Bluetooth (built in?) and the TV's AV at the same time
Built in WiFi
And of course a decent pic (the raison d'être of any TV)

So if any of you girls/guys can narrow the field I'd be grateful.

Without someone having the opportunity to test exactly that themselves I don't think there's a way to know which tv's will do what you're asking and which don't.

You may be better off taking some Bluetooth headphones with you too a shop where they are good enough to let you try using the feature on different tv's.

Hopefully there's someone here who has more experience with this than me.

One thing to consider perhaps if you can't find what you're looking for is to instead search for a model with a headphone jack that outputs audio simultaneously and use a Bluetooth sender devices. You can get ones usb powered and could power it via the tv's usb socket.

As for Bluetooth support for audio to begin with there's a surprising amount of tv's without Bluetooth at all or tv's with Bluetooth that only support it when used with an input device like a keyboard.

So be very careful when looking at different specifications as mostly they will say they have Bluetooth even if it doesn't support audio.

I think when I last looked it was only certain models in the upper mid range and higher that had this feature.

I wish I had taken your advise and taken my BT headset to test the 37G7000 rather than assuming that the manufacturer would be sensible and simply have BT and local speaker audio simultaneously (if you want to silence the local audio just press mute! - LESS PROGRAMMING - LG TAKE NOTE)

But I'm wiser now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom