LG ULTRA HD 4K - 60UH650V - Official Owners Thread

MelodyMae

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm due to take delivery of a LGUH650V - 55" LG ULTRA HD 4K TV on Monday. I'm a little surprised that there isn't a thread for the TV here (that I could find anyway). In fact there is very little on this TV anywhere.

I just wandered if anyone has this TV or knows anything about it. If there is a thread for this, happy for this thread to be deleted and pointed in the right direction :facepalm:

LG 55UH650V | LG Electronics UK

Thanks for reading...:)

So I have now decided to make this an 'official' thread. I went for the 60 inch in the end and must admit I am very impressed so far. Just love some of the 4k content that im streaming direct from the You Tube app. Had some slight banding though whilst watching Creed last night. Is there a way to eliminate this?

still puzzled that nobody else has this tv though lol

LG 60UH650V | LG Electronics UK

I think these are the new ones right? I nipped in the local Costco last night and they literally had loads of the 2016 LG range on sale and to be fair they looked good - you're probably just the earliest adopter on here of these!

I think these are the new ones right? I nipped in the local Costco last night and they literally had loads of the 2016 LG range on sale and to be fair they looked good - you're probably just the earliest adopter on here of these!

Yeah they are the new 2016 models, I should of said in my earlier post. USA model numbers are 6500

I've had my eye on this TV for a while but I've been scared to take the plunge because, like you say, there have been so few reviews.

Can I ask, does it record Freeview to USB/HDD while allowing you to watch a source via the HDMI input at the same time? This would be the deciding factor for me :)

Last edited:
I just signed up here because I have bought the 55 inch version and so far I love it. Funny story about it is I ordered the LG 55uf770 from Argos but they did not have it in stock when I went to pick it up. I paid ÂŁ679 and they gave me the ÂŁ1,099 for the same price.
I am hopeing to see a review and set up on here soon.

Can anyone tell me correct (calibrated) picture settings for this LG tv, please?

I don`t know about 55uh6550v model, but now Ican tell that if U spend some time with(55uh650v) picture settings, the final result is good. I didn`t find calibrated settings from anywhere yet so I used standard settings and modified them. As soon as someone finds calibrated settings, please post it here :)

Last edited:
And don`t try to use uh664v calibration settings! That goes badly wrong and causes odd facecolor bubbling and stripes all around the picture environment.

How are you getting on with this TV? How much did you pay for the 60" as it's currently on the Amazon Prime deal for ÂŁ899 and I'm trying to work out if this is a good buy or not.

How smooth is the TV picture motion?

Funny story about it is I ordered the LG 55uf770 from Argos but they did not have it in stock when I went to pick it up. I paid ÂŁ679 and they gave me the ÂŁ1,099 for the same price...
That's a pretty amazing deal you got there....

As I have no interest in 3D the UF770 range of televisions is on my horizon. I'm surprised there not a dedicated topic about them on this forum :(

Well I've taken the plunge! Seemed too good a price (ÂŁ899) to miss! How are you guys finding the TV? Have you tried gaming or 4K?

Now I`m thinking if I change my uh650v to another model uh664v. Tell me your opinions about changing between these two models. Both good models and same price. So, what should I do?

Now I`m thinking if I change my uh650v to another model uh664v. Tell me your opinions about changing between these two models. Both good models and same price. So, what should I do?
Specification wise it looks much the same as the UH770V. Which also does not have 3D...

The 770 is a 10 bit panel, the 650 is 8 bit with dithering.

Right, but 770v model cost 400e more and one expert says that 770v model`s upscaling engine is disappointment. If I have to pick one of these cheaper models(650v or664v) so what to do? All wisemen please speak :)

The 770V up scaling is a heck of a lot better than the up scaling was in my Sony Bravia 4K 8500B it replaced, especially SD to 4K that the Sony was hopeless with. The best up scaling I've had so far.

So you have 770v. How is it working all around and how is the picture quality? Sharp, bright, good black levels, HD-picture quality, uhd quality? Your opinion..
"49" or "55"?

I've got the 55" 770T (Aus variant), I've been very happy with it. Picture is pin sharp after a bit of fiddling with the settings. The colour range is stunning - watching something like the Star Trek movies with black space and ultra bright explosions really shows off the range, without it going cartoony. Reviews and specs say the brightness isn't to UHD Premium levels, but I don't think I'd want it to be, the brightness of the bright bits is eye achingly bright. And I think WebOS is the best OS I've had on a TV, it actually works and works well, and the remote I thought was just a gimmick is quite good. You seem to get a lot of TV for your money.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom