LG UK OLED and NANOCELL models and pricing for 2020 announced

Reducing dimming zones and increasing input lag.

Looks like the new dimming system increases also the input lag. 18,4ms. Yeah has gaming Features but the input lag is not good at all.

Would like to know how man dimming zones the 55 inch version has.

Is it even a real 10bit panel??

according to a German forum not 10 bit native but 8 bit + FRC like Samsung 2020 range!
to confirm ...

Here's a link to a Russian review (you'll obviously have to use Google Translate.) Its findings are much the same as the previously noted reviews.

Here's a link to a Russian review (you'll obviously have to use Google Translate.) Its findings are much the same as the previously noted reviews.

Dude that Russian review has just stolen copy and pasted the earlier Forbes LG Nano 90 review almost word for word.

Forbes review -

PicsArt_05-19-01.24.20.jpg
PicsArt_05-19-01.25.06.jpg

Russian copycat review -

PicsArt_05-19-01.26.44.jpg
PicsArt_05-19-01.28.15.jpg

I thought it sounded a bit familiar, but couldn't place it!

I got the 75NANO91 few weeks ago, but the image quality is very bad compared to any other decent FHD and 4K I saw so far.
It was so bad that I initially thought that it had to be a defect (even lines of pixels brigher than the odd lines, whatever the picture inputted or setting used), but LG said that it's as per the manufacting specifications, so no replacement/repair/refund... so I hightly discourage anyone to go with the nanocell 4K

I got the 75NANO91 few weeks ago, but the image quality is very bad compared to any other decent FHD and 4K I saw so far.
It was so bad that I initially thought that it had to be a defect (even lines of pixels brigher than the odd lines, whatever the picture inputted or setting used), but LG said that it's as per the manufacting specifications, so no replacement/repair/refund... so I hightly discourage anyone to go with the nanocell 4K

really the reviews are mostly positive?

Your 75inch LG Nano 91 must of been one of the unlucky faulty ones, it occasionally happens when buying a tv no matter if its a budget or high end tv. Australia must have much stricter policy's regarding fixing faulty tvs than here in the UK.

You were unfortunate but the majority of people won't get a faulty set. None of the LG Nano 90 reviews had any defects like you had. And the reviews were mostly positive, all saying a very good picture quality when the right settings were used.

Last edited:
Yes indeed, this does sound like a defect to the particular set rather than something common to the actual model. Wonder LG didn't do anything about it though.

I have been in contact with LG for almost 3 weeks and they were saying that it is not a defect so no fix/refund/replacement, even technicians came to check the TV. So if you are not afraid of an expensive but poor quality TV with no quality support, you can try you luck of course.

I searched for reviews with pictures of the panel, but everything was of low quality or based on LG's official materials. Did anyone see a review showing that their unit had consistent colors accross the lines?

Last edited:
I have been in contact with LG for almost 3 weeks and they were saying that it is not a defect so no fix/refund/replacement, even technicians came to check the TV. So if you are not afraid of an expensive but poor quality TV with no quality support, you can try you luck of course.

I searched for reviews with pictures of the panel, but everything was of low quality or based on LG's official materials. Did anyone see a review showing that their unit had consistent colors accross the lines?

You mean Shit like this?

20200520185803_1017656.jpg

No everything is ok on mine. Can you make a bigger photo and show how your problem effects the total screen ?

This is a UK forum, you are in Australia so the manufacturer/retailer support is completely different from here in the UK for tvs. It's fairly easy to return a tv or get it replaced in the UK :smashin: I've had LCD tvs returned full refund in the past just for clouding no questions asked by the online retailer.

As for poor quality tv the multiple reviews of the Nano 90 which is the exact same tv as your Nano 91 (apart from the stand and hotel mode) all say it's a very good mid-range LCD tv. The one YouTube review showing a live Nano 90 hung on the wall playing footage in normal house viewing conditions the picture quality looks very good.

Last edited:
You mean sh*t like this?

20200520185803_1017656.jpg

That's because of the poor local dimming, I have that too, it seems life there are optic fibers leaking some light on the left side, while delivering some light to the middle zone only.

What I reported to LG is about the following lines (the orange should be solid, not alternating between yellow and orange (I have created another threas to gather feedbacks on it).

20200522_173446~2.jpg

This is a UK forum, you are in Australia so the manufacturer/retailer support is completely different from here in the UK for tvs. It's fairly easy to return a tv or get it replaced in the UK :smashin: I've had LCD tvs returned full refund in the past just for clouding no questions asked by the online retailer.

As for poor quality tv the multiple reviews of the Nano 90 which is the exact same tv as your Nano 91 (apart from the stand and hotel mode) all say it's a very good mid-range LCD tv. The one YouTube review showing a live Nano 90 hung on the wall playing footage in normal house viewing conditions the picture quality looks very good.

Nothing suspicious about that video to you?

Last edited:

Seriously? I watched that 'review' and he said the blacks were as close to OLED as you can get...you really believe that? It was in a bright room that hides all sins...

Seriously? I watched that 'review' and he said the blacks were as close to OLED as you can get...you really believe that? It was in a bright room that hides all sins...
I said the online reviews said the LG Nano performed well for a mid-range tv, I never said anything about OLED level blacks.

The video shows the LG Nano 90 playing footage in everyday conditions bright room that most people would use the tv for the majority of the time.

The other reviews say cinema home or filmmakers mode gives a good picture for dark room nighttime lights off viewing.

I said the online reviews said the LG Nano performed well for a mid-range tv, I never said anything about OLED level blacks.

The video shows the LG Nano 90 playing footage in everyday conditions bright room that most people would use the tv for the majority of the time.

The other reviews say cinema home or filmmakers mode gives a good picture for dark room nighttime lights off viewing.

Every review i have seen has said what is expected of an IPS panel with 30 dimming zones, weak black levels and poor detail in dark scenes. Any that say otherwise don't have a clue what they're looking at, it's as simple as that.

The review video above he says that it is as close as lcd has gotten to OLED black levels.

In English weather you think majority of our viewing is in a bright room?

Nothing suspicious about that video to you?
The guy Andrew Robinson is legit over 20 years AV experience, I've been subscribed to his YouTube channel for years. He doesn't get too technical but he does know his stuff.

He did go overboard saying close to OLED blacks. But tbh it's only a very small percentage of pure black scenes anyway that most people would have in their physical or digital movie collections.

The guy Andrew Robinson is legit over 20 years AV experience, I've been subscribed to his YouTube channel for years. He doesn't get too technical but he does know his stuff.

He did go overboard saying close to OLED blacks. But tbh it's only a very small percentage of pure black scenes anyway that most people would have in their physical or digital movie collections.

Poor contrast robs every scene of colour saturation and richness. It doesn't just mean the odd full black scene looks grey, it's an all over negative effect.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom