LG UH850v & UH950v 2016 4K HDR Dolby Vision TV's Owners Thread

Enabling Atmos (lossy) over ARC is the kind of support I would like to see from LG.
Is this when accessing Netflix content (with Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos) using the TV's app and passing it via HDMI ARC to a suitable AVR. Or some other content?

What's the make and model of your AVR?

It's a Denon AVR- X2400H. Annoyingly Xbox 1 can output Atmos from Netflix to the AVR without issue but picture is only 1080. TV can do 4K and Dolby Vision but not Atmos but the AVR is perfectly able to handle Atmos.

Hi @derek500,

The HDMI splitter/audio extractor mentions "4K 60HZ YCbCr 4:4:4 8 bit HDR". You will need a device that supports 10-bit...

I ended up buying one of these from the US.

https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Splitter-Support-Toslink/dp/B0755TB82Q

Other users and the seller say it will work.

Expected delivery April 12 - May 1.

Here's the tracking!!!

Shipped with USPS

Sunday, March 31
2:50 PM
Package has left the carrier facility
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Saturday, March 30
7:46 PM
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
2:43 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
4:22 AM
San Francisco Ca International Distribution Center, US
3:46 AM
San Francisco Ca International Distribution Center, US
2:00 AM
Sacramento Ca Distribution Center, US
Friday, March 29
9:43 PM
Sacramento Ca Distribution Center, US
8:28 PM
Folsom, CA US
Package has shipped

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It arrived yesterday and I connected it today. The only way I can test it is with an Amazon Fire TV 4k stick and unlike my first purchase the iPlayer works for HLG, but only in 1080p (same for YouTube). 2160p DolbyVision from Amazon works fine.

The stick plugged into the TV gets 2160p HLG.

If I set the stick to output at 2160p 50hz it works fine, but not sure if it's native or upscaled.

I have seen the native refresh of this tv is 120hz, yet there is no option for it on the xbox one x, and also for some reason the tv does not want to go into 1080p mode on the one x!

I could soon be saying goodbye to this solid tv, in favour of the lg oled55c8pla. I think it is the poor blacks that is making me want to move away from this tv. Still the best tv i have ever owned up to this point though.

Been watching the Ricky Gervais series on Netflix, After Life. It says it's in DolbyVision but I'm only getting HDR.

Other DV shows are playing fine.

Hi All. I have an LG49UH850v. My wifi has stopped working, I have reset the TV and tried various methods to get it working but everytime I try and select the ON button on the wifi it does nothing. LG have said the wifi board needs replacing. Has anyone else has this problem? know another fix? thanks

The wifi has been a bit flakey on mine lately, ever since I moved it into the lounge (My study/gaming TV is now an 49SK8500). So I run the 850v via an ethernet cable to a powerline adapter.

Mine just updated and within minutes the magic remote updated too! Would really like to know what’s been fixed....

Mine just updated and within minutes the magic remote updated too! Would really like to know what’s been fixed....
As far as I can determine, software v05.30.60 is a "Security Update"...

There was a Magic Remote update as well.

Is the magic remote update a different process than normal updates?

The magic remote is updated via the TV. After I restarted my TV when the update had downloaded a banner came up on the saying something like "Your magic remote is updating. Normal magic remote operation will resume in 30 seconds"

Just updated mine via USB. Was quite surprised to see the Magic Remote update. Also noticed I can now get 4K YouTube. There is now a blue 4K button on the bottom and, with 4K content, the resolution on the side defaults to the highest 4K (auto) setting. On the data for nerds, the viewport says 1080p*2 (this apparently means the size of the window and has nothing to do with the resolution). Can anyone else confirm the TV has been able to show 4K on YouTube for a while? Thanks. (TV: LG49UH850V)

Last edited:
4K youtube works since first day on my 49UH85 , nothing new :) .

EDIT just updated on 5.30.60, but my magic remote not updated ??
And this time after installing the update when TV rebooted my TV keep all settings ( no factory reset). What's your experiences, is that normal? (49UH8507 ZA)

Last edited:
4K youtube works since first day on my 49UH85 , nothing new :) .

EDIT just updated on 5.30.60, but my magic remote not updated ??
And this time after installing the update when TV rebooted my TV keep all settings ( no factory reset). What's your experiences, is that normal? (49UH8507 ZA)
Press the home button on your magic remote,then it should update.my tv had the update.I then put the tv into standby then turned it on again.

I can't seem to fine tune the settings to reduce the DSE I see on bright, especially white, scenes. Anyone got any tips or settings please or is this a lost cause?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom