LG UH780v/UH770V/UH8500 *Dolby Vision / HDR10* Service Menu * EZ ADJUST*

calaudude

Novice Member
I got now my LG 75UH780v which is quite possible the UH770V in a 75" upgrade or like the 75" HU8500 less 3D support

I was told the UH780v has the same 3D pannel like the UH8500 so technical it should be possible to enable 3D so I went into the service menu / EZ adjust there there I saw

Dislplay mode was 2D and Dolby Vision was off

you can check all settings here

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZTRJUDJuTUdEMTF3U1FNQnZDSkJacEtTdmFzQk1n

in Tool Option5 I see 3D display type : 2D
in Tool Option9 O see Dolby Vison HDR : OFF

so its quite strange as this TV is advertised with Dolby Vidion Support

When I want to change Settings I see that most lines are greyed out and cant be changed for some reason

Anybody know how to activate these grey lines so I can change the Values

to enter service menu I installed anymote on my IR-Mobile and selected there LG/TV and service remote

PIN to enter Service is 0413
other PIN to enable settings I saw somewhere for LG should be 8471

so anybody did try to enayble hidden stuff in service menu for the new super LCD LG WebOS3 class 2016 series?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
They will be greyed out for a reason , either the TV doesn't support the option or the firmware doesn't , I have in the past heard of high end firmware being applied to low end models to enable certain features , whether it's possible in this case I don't know , and neither would I try !!!

Sports Fan

Standard Member
I got now my LG 75UH780v which is quite possible the UH770V in a 75" upgrade or like the 75" HU8500 less 3D support

I was told the UH780v has the same 3D pannel like the UH8500 so technical it should be possible to enable 3D so I went into the service menu / EZ adjust there there I saw

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZTRJUDJuTUdEMTF3U1FNQnZDSkJacEtTdmFzQk1n

When I want to change Settings I see that most lines are greyed out and cant be changed for some reason

to enter service menu I installed anymote on my IR-Mobile and selected there LG/TV and service remote

so anybody did try to enayble hidden stuff in service menu for the new super LCD LG WebOS3 class 2016 series?
This tv is currently available for 3k. What are you views on it and do you know the input lag for HDR gaming. The similarly priced 855v is also available same price.

DarkSeth

Novice Member

Hi man. May I ask how you got into the service mode?
I am looking to change the gamma lock in HDR Game mode from medium to low. Damn HDR is to dark. Thank you .

DarkSeth

Novice Member
Maybe read my post again?
Still need to get into my TV's service mode. Just a quick question if you don't mind. The one pic shows backlight 85. Is that your setting that it pulls thru from the normal tv setting menu or is that a separate setting to increase brightness even more? Thank you .

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom