Lg uf950 ps3 issues green screen

Neiloc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, first post so hope this works :)
i have a lg 950 UF950 UHD tv which in general works great. I also have a sony str1050 receiver and all my units are connected via this to the TV. HD tv from satellite works fine...1080i.
Netflix works fine.
But full HD Blue ray from PS3 bugs out often. Even worse if its 3D blueray. Now and then the screen glitches and leaves a green background and picture split into boxes and jumbled on the screen. Some movies like hotel transyvania 2 glitch more than others. To recover i have to change source on the sony receiver and switch back again.
I contacted LG and they suggested changing hdmi cables. Bought redmere cable for receiver to tv and highspeed cabel from ps3 to receiver but still seeing problem.

Tv has 2 weeks warranty left. Has anyone any ideas how to fix it. Could it be issue with PS3? Or just shows up there as it has highest resolution?

Cheers
neil

Adding a pic of what happens

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 48
Obvious question but Have you tried changing the hdmi socket the ps3 goes into? If it works then the hdmi socket its currently in maybe faulty

Thanks for idea... Getting desperate so ill try anything.
Tried first changing input from ps3 to amp but didnt help.
Then tried switching port tv to hdmi 1. (Im using hdmi2 normally for ARC channel). But did not help. After 3mins screen split in 2.... This time on horizontal axis.
Any idea if it could be tv or ps3 or maybe even the amp?

If your tv is working with other Devices using hdmi then it sounds like it could be your ps3, have you tried using a different device with the same hdmi lead and same hdmi input your ps3 uses?

Thanks. I will try swapping the ps3 with my sons ps3 gen1 version and see if it helps. I also have a old samsung blueray i can try but it doesnt support 3d.
None of other devices currently connected support more than 1080i.

If it turns out the ps3 has problems i can upgrade. Do you reccomend anything... For example is ps4 any good for blueray. I read its not so good as media player but tv itself is quite good at that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom