Question LG UF6450 Weird Optical

Greetedlight18

Novice Member
Hi, I have a LG UF6450 that's connected to a Yamaha HTR3066 by an optical cable, but for some reason, the audio that comes in the receiver is only in stereo. I have no idea why and I can't get it to output surround.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Is whatever (Programme or source) you’re viewing outputting or set to output surround?
Check your source device and or TV's audio out settings.

Greetedlight18

Novice Member
Is whatever (Programme or source) you’re viewing outputting or set to output surround?
Check your source device and or TV's audio out settings.
Don't worry, I checked multiple times that the thing was outputting surround, from different sources, and differents files or different apps, nothing works. I'm just gonna buy a new 4k receiver.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Your TV's optical out can be changed from Bitstream to PCM in the advanced audio out settings.
It needs to be set to Bitstream for Surround.

Greetedlight18

Novice Member
Your TV's optical out can be changed from Bitstream to PCM in the advanced audio out settings.
It needs to be set to Bitstream for Surround.
Yeah I figured that out, problem is I only have either Auto or PCM on my settings, and Auto still outputs PCM to the optical out. Guy from LG said my TV was broken and offered to fix it for a fee, but at that point I'll just buy a new receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom