LG UBK90 Sound Issues

radarbell

Standard Member
Hi,

While watching blade 4K the sound will randomly cut out for a second for the whole movie, it’s very annoying my equipment is:

Lg Cx
Sony HT-X8500 sound bar connect to the tv via eARC
LG UBK90 4K player

I’ve tried everything from changing HDMI leads to changing sound settings on the tv and player with no joy.

Plays fine on my ps5, also I noticed the sound cuts out in a certain part of Avengers end game and ant man, funny thing is they same thing happened on the Panasonic ub820 on these discs.

Are all these players just buggy or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Hi,

While watching blade 4K the sound will randomly cut out for a second for the whole movie, it’s very annoying my equipment is:

Lg Cx
Sony HT-X8500 sound bar connect to the tv via eARC
LG UBK90 4K player

I’ve tried everything from changing HDMI leads to changing sound settings on the tv and player with no joy.

Plays fine on my ps5, also I noticed the sound cuts out in a certain part of Avengers end game and ant man, funny thing is they same thing happened on the Panasonic ub820 on these discs.

Are all these players just buggy or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
How is it connected?
UBK90-->TV or UBK90-->soundbar

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Soundbar is connected to the tv via hdmi and the the 4 k player is connected to the tv via a separate hdmi cable
What happens if you input the player into the soundbar? Specs show it can do 4K passthrough.
When you loose the sound does the screen also go dark at the same time?

radarbell

Standard Member
I’ve actually not tried that configuration! However I have tried the tvs internal speakers with the same issue, the video playback is fine just the sound. It’s weird as it players certain discs fine

radarbell

Standard Member
I’ve actually not tried that configuration! However I have tried the tvs internal speakers with the same issue, the video playback is fine just the sound. It’s weird as it plays other discs with no issues

csdbonnie

Novice Member
Hi, I have almost same set up and exact same issue, I changed audio setting on 4k player to DTS re-encode, now fully resolved. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom