1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG u8110

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Rickyj @ Kalibrate, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,692
    Any one have any experience with the above handset, and 3 in general, as my contract is up for renewal in a couple of weeks, and with 8 to 9 months half price line rental being offered at certain outlets, and a free handset, could be worth a go.

Thanks

Ricky

2. alburrows

alburrows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's even better value with 10 months half price rental and a free accessary kit... www.mobilesUK.net
    I have ordered mine and am expecting it tomorrow, so will update you after a week or so when I get to give it a through testing.

3. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,692
    Thanks.

Will look forward to your verdict.

Ricky

4. alburrows

alburrows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well lets start, phone arrived on Wed, and have been very pleasantly surprised with it.

Very nice little phone. Battery life is a little on the low side ( top it up every 2 days) but I am comparing it to an ordinary GSM phone and 3G does use a lot more power, so shouldn't complain. Screen is nice and bright menu is easy to use and camera takes decent images for what it is, zoom and all.

My only foibile so far is the fact the Voicemail is on by default, this doesn't suite me as I use a phone to ring people and do not have it as a neccessary tool for people to ring me, which means that I am always getting messages saying there is a new voicemail as some-one has tried to contact me when the phone was switched off etc.. It's more to do with the way I use a phone, and not a fault with the phone itself. I have been in contact with Three and they are turning it off for me.

It connects to the PC first time every time and I have heard stories of people sayin it hangs there system etc.. I haven't had any problems and tranfering data is a piece of cake, both ways. Have backed up all the default images etc to a folder on the PC so that I can delete them on the phone to free up some memory, should I ever need it.

The Avatar address book is a bit of a gimmick, although nice to play with for a while, and I find it classier to attach an image of my contacts into the address book so when they ring their image appears on screen. You also have mutliple phone no's for each contact which is handy should they have a work no, home no, mobile no, etc...

Have not had any dropped calls and reception does seem good comapred to my old phone, a Mitsubishi Trium, and considering the size of my fingers compared to the buttons on this phone I have not had any problem with pressing the wrong buttons so far.
    Although there does appear a lot of buttons they soon seem to make sense, and are easily managed. And there is a lot of customising that can be done with reference to menus, colours, wallpapers, etc... Haven't tried to download any games yet as they don't interest me, although did download an Angry kid video which came down very fast. Must get a chance to look through the full range of 3's online offering soon...

Was a little concerned about Three's coverage but so far so good, the phone will also indicate if you are in a 3G transmitting zone or a GSM or using their roaming service so so far coverage hasn't been a problem either.
    I can think of a lot worse phones to get than this one especially considering the deals on offer at present.

Good luck on whatever you decide. A mate of mine has just decided to get one of these phones after seeing mine and 3 have ordered over 3 million units from LG so they must be expecting big things from this little phone.