1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG TVs

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Skwarkenklux, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Skwarkenklux

Skwarkenklux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was hoping some people out there might have some experience with LG TVs.

I have an LG DVD player, that has proved to be fantastic... but is let down by a poor Toshiba 21" 4:3 TV.

I was looking at replicatiing my success with the DVD player, by getting an LG TV too (not that having the same brand makes any difference of course!).

If anyone can comment on quality, sound, etc. I haven't been able to compare any in the shops as yet.

Thanks

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    LG are pretty hopeless at 100hz sets. They are basically seen as midrange and of only average performance. What lets the sets down is picture quality generally. They have good features and sound.

Here's a typical LG review. Not very good sound on this model either by the looks of it;

http://www.whathomecinemamag.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=2614

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    they are cheap and cheerful LG make damn good optical drives Washing machines and some other stuff PC monitors actually there domestic TV's arent so great why not try philips or Panny sets? What is your budget?

4. Skwarkenklux

Skwarkenklux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Around £400ish, seen some interesting deals on 28" Pannys at empiredirect... still looking around though.

Have to say although my friend raves about his Panny, there seems to be a lot of issues with them at present from reading this forum... kinda puts me off a bit.

Anyway, decided LG not great on the TV front... any more recommendations welcome. :)

5. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I ordered a Panny TX28PS12 from www.digital-point.co.uk (phone 08707 547 070) for £475 this morning.

Neighbours/friends of ours have one from them and have had no problems with the exception of wrong cabinet delivered. That was sorted easily. They deliver within 48 hours with free delivery.

The same model on Empiredirect with delivery is £24 more expensive.

I'll update this once I have delivery if you like.

Regards,
    Mark.

6. Skwarkenklux

Skwarkenklux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm liking the JVC AV28R25S, with built-in subwoofer, Dolby Pro-Logic and 2x RGB, gets some encouraging reviews. Think this is probably the best all rounder for my needs as I won't be getting a seperate sound system.

Just paid a visit to Comet, but the quality of the video feed was rather poor so I couldn't carry out a fair comparison. The LG they had did look noticebly poor though....