LG TV won't save manually tuned freesat channels (after power off)

7seventyseven

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello there,
first time poster, so bare with me, will try and give as much information as possible.

I am in Dublin, Irl, and renting a house that my landlord already had a satellite dish on side of house, which has 2 LNBs on it.
He is German, so was picking up German channels (I believe on 19.2E), while also picking up Freesat UK channels on 28.2E.

I attached my regular TV via hdmi to the Silvercrest satellite tuner to access the already tuned in channels - incl; BBC, ITV, C4 etc.... (the ones I actually want to watch!), but also had to use an Irish 'SAORVIEW' box, which is Irish FTA service for National stations.

Anyway, in an effort to upgrade, and at same time get rid of the Saorview Box, the Sattelite Tuner - and the need to use so many remotes!...... I bought a LG 42LA620V-ZA smart3d. This can tune in Analogue and Sattelite.

And here is my issue.
On 'Auto Tune', the TV will pick up about 1600 channels, French, German, Italian, Russian etc etc.....
BUT: NONE of the UK Channels I want.

So.... I went about manually tuning the channels, one transponder at a time, using the transponder details from this list: Packages: Freesat - KingOfSat

I did this very successfully last night, which took a couple of hours to get every channel I wanted (all the BBCs, ITVs, +1s etc..), and sorted into the right order on TV etc.... I could view every channel, look great, and I though I had finally got everything sorted.

HOWEVER.... once I turned TV off, and then on again..... none of the channels would work, although they still appeared tuned on on the TV, appear on the menu... but just not viewable.

SO MY QUESTIONS:

1. What on earth am I doing wrong?
2. Is this unique to LG?
3. What can I do to save the settings?
4. Has anyone else had this experience?
5. Is it because my Smart TV is set up to be in Ireland?

I am lost now, and so frustrated that I feel like throwing the bl**dy TV out the window!

Any help/sugestions would be gratefully received!

Hi Kevkbuk
thanks for the reply, diseqc setting is currently off.

What would I need to set it to?
My options are:
OFF
A - which shows 4 satellites going through 'diseqc' (signal strength and quality indicates as good)
B - as above - but NO signal
C - like A, again: (signal strength and quality indicates as good)
D - like B above
Tone A - which shows 2 satellites going through 'tone burst' - (signal strength and quality indicates as good)
Tone B - as above - but NO signal

OK just tried setting up satellite with this transponder:
10847.00V

and Diseqc option B, which showed full signal, and then manually tuned in that transponder (which recieves 3 of the BBC channels). Switched off the TV, and back on, and channels still there.

Q: Should I set up each transponder that I want to tune, as a separate satellite? And see if this works?

Never used the TV but once you've setup the diseqc options for the satellite I'd expect you'd be able to scan the whole sat rather than putting in TPs.

Thank you again Kevkbuk
had to go through each TP separately to (only) get the channels I wanted, but all working well now. Once Diseqc was set up as you had suggested (I had no idea what it was), I added each TP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom