LG TV won't display RCA video input from Pioneer VSX-817

Hello All,

I am trying to hook up my Pioneer VSX-817 to my LG TV 65UN7300PTC so i can do the initial setup.
I have run a single yellow RCA lead from the Monitor out plug on the Pioneer to the AV in (yellow/green plug) on the LG.
I set the LG to AV1 and enter setup mode on the Pioneer but i am not receiving a signal. I have tried several good quality cables with no luck.
I just got the Pioneer and it was all plugged in and shown to me before i bought it.
The LG is only 12 months old and works perfectly.
I am obviously missing something simple and it is driving me nuts.........please help

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Have tried another composite source into the tv? At least that will prove you have it properly connected and the cable is good.

Have tried another composite source into the tv? At least that will prove you have it properly connected and the cable is good.
Unfortunately we don't have anything else that has composite out, everything these days is at least HDMI, and i have tried 3 different cables.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have you tried a factory reset on the AVR - assuming it is a S/H unit it is always worth resetting before you start configuring it.

The GUI on those units is pretty poor and not much better than simply using the front panel and following the set up guide in the user manual.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom