LG TV will not auto tune Freeview

craibh

Novice Member
We bought an LG 24T L510s-PZ tv a couple of herds or so ago.It is only used for watching Freeview in the kitchen and has worked until now. The BBC channels would not appear. They are shown as 1 and 2 on the list. Other channels are fine . I have tried numerous times to Auto Tune . All goes well until I select Antenna but when I click “OK” the “Next” logo goes dull and nothing happens. Any suggestions as to how to get this tv to Suto Tune or otherwise get NBC back? Many thanks. Craibh

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Try a factory reset, perhaps. Your post is a bit confusing though. What's changed to prompt you to re-tune? Have you checked all of the cabling? Have you checked the manual to confirm that you're driving the tuning exercise correctly? You mention NBC too -- did you mean BBC?

craibh

Novice Member
Clem, Many thanks, and apologies for lack of clarity and typo NBC. Should be BBC.I think that the cabling is fine- short lead to Freeview antenna inside on windows above the TV and getting other channels.I tried to retune because we cannot get BBC 1 or 2 but can get the other channels. When we click OK on either of these two channels on the list we just get a blank screen , sometimes with a message suggesting we check antenna/ re-tune. I looked online and re-tuning was a suggested remedy for loss of BBC channels.The tv was re- tuned some months ago and the Auto Tuning worked then. I understand the thinking behind a factory reset but am a little nervous that if we cannot Auto Tune after that we may have no channels at all? Craibh.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom