Question LG TV weird camera 4K

PurpleN

Standard Member
I am not very technical, hence the heading! We have a new 4K TV and sometimes the filming looks very strange, zooming in and quite shaky. Is this to do with the 4K? or something else?
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
What's the 4k source and what model is the tv?

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
are you playing a 4k bluray or streaming a 4k source?

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
So just terrestrial TV or satellite then -unfortunately I can't see the attachment you posted can you repost it?

PlexShaw

I wonder if this is caused by the TruMotion setting being turned on due to the picture preset used? I'm assuming it's still the case that the default preset on LG TVs is their awful "Vivid" mode, which turns on all the motion processing garbage they have built into the TV and might possibly be what's causing the issues the OP is reporting.

PurpleN

Standard Member
I wonder if this is caused by the TruMotion setting being turned on due to the picture preset used? I'm assuming it's still the case that the default preset on LG TVs is their awful "Vivid" mode, which turns on all the motion processing garbage they have built into the TV and might possibly be what's causing the issues the OP is reporting.
Can I change this setting or is it a factory pre set thing?

PlexShaw

Yes, you can change them as they're all in the Picture area of the TV settings. Changing the picture mode to either "ISF Expert (Dark Room)" or "ISF Expert (Bright Room)" will probably help almost immediately.

Might be worth taking a look at this article on RTINGS, as it's probably not million miles away from the TV model you have, which outlines some settings you might want to consider adjusting (I turned TruMotion off straight away, for what that's worth): LG UM7300 Calibration Settings

I appreciate this is new for you and it can be very confusing but it's worth taking some time to absorb the info as it will make using the TV a lot better in the long run. Good luck! :thumbsup:

PurpleN

Standard Member
Yes, you can change them as they're all in the Picture area of the TV settings. Changing the picture mode to either "ISF Expert (Dark Room)" or "ISF Expert (Bright Room)" will probably help almost immediately.

Might be worth taking a look at this article on RTINGS, as it's probably not million miles away from the TV model you have, which outlines some settings you might want to consider adjusting (I turned TruMotion off straight away, for what that's worth): LG UM7300 Calibration Settings

I appreciate this is new for you and it can be very confusing but it's worth taking some time to absorb the info as it will make using the TV a lot better in the long run. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Thank you very much. I really appreciate you taking time to help me

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
I am not very technical, hence the heading! We have a new 4K TV and sometimes the filming looks very strange, zooming in and quite shaky. Is this to do with the 4K? or something else?

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

PurpleN

Standard Member
Thank you very much. I really appreciate you taking time to help me

Okay, I have gone through every apect of the link, changing settings as suggested. Took me ages! But hopefully worth it and time will tell if it works. Thank you once again.