LG TV sound 'warping'.

KeefyD

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
First post, there's always some good help here so fingers crossed. :)

We have an LG 55LA620V-ZA.

When watching TV (Freeview) the music warps, a bit like an old tape speeding up and slowing down.

The voices sound fine and it doesn't happen when streaming from Amazon, watching Blu Rays, or playing Xbox. No problems with the picture either.

We have an LG cinema system but I unplugged that and the issue still remains.

Has anyone got any thoughts or advice on this?

Thanks in advance.

Was it maybe the particular programme or channel you were watching?

Hi, thanks for the reply.
No at first I thought it was just channel 5, but other channels had the same issue. Different programmes too.

I was hoping someone might have some insight or prior knowledge of this issue, I guess I'll try and ring LG but I'm out of warranty, so not too hopeful..

So it's only the sound from the built-in Freeview tuner that's affected?...definitely no glitches in the picture?

Picture is perfect. I had thought it might be the signal but I don't know if just the sound can be affected.

I am almost certain it is the broadcast. I don't use the internal tuner very often, but have noticed a similar problem with Sky programmes.
The last season of Game of Thrones and The Affair sounded awful for example.
It was a bit like listening under water. I never got to the bottom of it so I'm not sure of the true cause, but I suspect poorly implemented 5.1.
Unless it is every programme and channel it won't be the TV.

I should have mentioned that I confirmed it wasn't my TV or sound system by playing the same programmes on catch up TV on my iPad. They sounded just as bad.
A complaint to the broadcaster is all you can do if yours is the same issue as mine.

Last edited:
That's interesting, I'll try it on another device and see if it gives the same result, thanks.

Last edited:
I am almost certain it is the broadcast. I don't use the internal tuner very often, but have noticed a similar problem with Sky programmes.
The last season of Game of Thrones and The Affair sounded awful for example.
It was a bit like listening under water. I never got to the bottom of it so I'm not sure of the true cause, but I suspect poorly implemented 5.1.
Unless it is every programme and channel it won't be the TV.

It's unlikely to be the broadcast as the OP has only noticed it on his Freeview tuner, no other source...but then you go on to say you've noticed it on Sky Atlantic which is a completely different platform.
For info I watched both Game of Thrones and The Affair and had no complaints re the audio quality.

Perhaps saying it was the broadcast was incorrect and was meant to imply it was likely not to be the ops TV.
I suspect sloppy programme making to be the problem highlighted by the fact that the issue disappeared during ad breaks as well as when the following programme began.
The particular platform would make no difference if the programme itself is at fault.
I accept you say you noticed no problems, along with most people it seems given that Google searches at the time gave no relevant results. As I have not pinned down what the actual fault was, I am left with an unscientific "I know what I heard, but can't explain it" as a answer.
Fortunately I have not heard it since, so the search for the answer hasn't been a priority.
Of course, it is more than possible that the op and I are describing totally different issues.

Did you ever resolve this?

I just got an LG TV and all music is warped. Seems to be only certain pitches that warp. Happens on all inputs and on sound bar or internal speakers pissing me off

this issue was discussed a few weeks back, a number off us with this intermittent issue...i reported it to Lg but was getting the runaround, can't be arsed to chase it up anymore.

I've raised with them today. Paid good money for TV and if I can't enjoy a movie due to the sound being crap then I will get a new TV and tmreturn this.

Mine only happens on any hdmi input Netflix etc on the TV are fine. All settings checked but worked perfectly on my previous Samsung TV which was 9 years old

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom