LG TV/Sound bar HDMI ARC no sound issue

LGDSN4

Novice Member
Recently bought an LG 75UP76709LB with LG DSN4 sound bar. Connecting my Firecube to Sound bar via HDMI ARC gets me video and remote control functionality but no sound.
HDMI cables are new and properly connected.
TV output is set to HDMI ARC (Simplink enabled).
DTV output is set to auto. Have tried PCM and Pass-through. Sound works well with optical connection.
Any ideas about trouble shooting with this sound issue will be appreciated. Thank you.

MetalBall

Standard Member
I don't have that model, but do you have the option of turning on eARC - I need to turn that on to get sound? That's been the case for a few weeks now.

LGDSN4

Novice Member
TV does support the e-ARC but the sound bar doesn't.
Meanwhile, I've ordered another HDMI cable. Will post if that solves it or not.

KStu51

Novice Member
TV does support the e-ARC but the sound bar doesn't.
Meanwhile, I've ordered another HDMI cable. Will post if that solves it or not.
Did you ever solve the issue?

Having the same issue with my LG C1. No audio is coming through the soundbar when using the ARC input.

jambontoo

Novice Member
I am unable to connect my new OLED55 C1 to my cable box and SONY STR DH540 AVReciver with new, ultra high speed HTML cables, though I have been attempting to do so for days. The problem seems to be ARC setting. First of all, exactly WHERE is the ARC port on the tv? I assume it is not the one on the back of the tv, but is instead port HTML 1 (i.e., the top one on the side of the tv) but am not sure. Is that correct?

Second, should I connect the cable box directly to the tv (not to the ARC port) and the Sony Receiver to the ARC port on the TV? Or should I instead connect the cable box (along with other components, such as Firestick and games) to the HTML imput port on the receiver, and then connect the receiver to the tv via the ARC port?

I am extremely frustrated with with my inability to resolve this issue and would greatly appreciate your assistance.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom