LG TV, sonos arc, hdmi switch connected to a PC and can't get sound through elgato

Froogle

Hi

I have a 4K60S+ connected to my PC. I am trying to capture sound and video from a games console. I can get video working no problem but can't get sound.

I have an HDMI switch that has several games consoles as inputs. The output of the HDMI switch has a splitter on it. One HDMI feed goes to my LG C7 TV and the other goes into the Elgato 4k60S+. My LG TV is connected to the Sonos Arc on HDMI2.

If I select any of the inputs on the HDMI switch I can see the picture and sound on the TV no problem, but in the Elgato I am only getting picture. When I look at the sound settings it looks like it is picking up the LG TV as the sound but no audio plays. I am not using the HDMI pass through on the Elgato because I will only use the PC occasionally.

If is the first time I've used a sound bar and Arc so I am wondering if this is somehow stripping the audio from the HDMI connection?

Any help is appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom