LG TV skipping channels on Astra 19.2E

dong

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am having problems receiving some satellite channels from Astra 19.2E on my LG TV UN71006LB. I reset the TV and used auto scan but the TV skips (at least) three channels:

BBC World News Europe HD
NHK WORLD-JPN
Al Jazeera English HD

If I connect the same satellite cable to my 8yr old sat box I can view these channels via HDMI so the problem is the TV which does, however, find and display around 100 channels, including several UHD channels. I deleted all the sat channels and tried manually tuning this one transponder:

Frecuencia: 11229 MHz
Polaridad: Vertical
Tasa de símbolos: 22000 kS/s
FEC: 2/3
Estándar: DVB-S2
Modulación: 8PSK

The signal strength is 92% and quality 94% and according to Astra 1KR: 11229 V - LyngSat, there are 5 channels on this transpoder but the LG TV only finds the 2 pay channels, displaying “No CI module.”

Does anyone know why I cant see the three free HD channels?

I am having problems receiving some satellite channels from Astra 19.2E on my LG TV model UN71006LB. I reset the TV and used auto scan but the TV skips (at least) three channels:

BBC World News Europe HD
NHK WORLD-JPN
Al Jazeera English HD

I have posted detailes in this thread LG TV skipping channels on Astra 19.2E but dont know how to link them. Can anyone help?

So LG techincal support confirms that TV model 49UN71006LB with a built-in satellite tuner cannot receive the BBC or NHK HD channels from Astra 19.2E, this is a defect in the product.

Have you checked the TV's satellite database for the required Transponder?

Sometimes you need to add them manually to the database.

Yes, I did, Indeed, the TV does find 2 of the 5 HD channels on transponder 11229 in autoscan. Since all channels on the same transponder must have the same spec, it’s a mystery why it only finds the two pay channels, omitting the 3 free to air.

thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom