LG TV signage issue (model: lg43lh570v)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by uytoor2, Nov 9, 2018.

1. uytoor2

uytoor2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3 lg43lh570v TVs that I bought to run menu in my restaurants. I thought I would just make image files and play via USB. But then I realized, that is not possible. Now I have menu in all of them in jpeg format. But the built in media player opens image but goes to power save mode in 10-15 minutes and there is no setting to change that. I tried putting two identical images on slideshow but slideshow settings are also only for 9 seconds max and that was horrible.
    please tell me what other options do I have? can USB work in this case? or I have to go for chrome cast or something else like that?
    Thanks

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    Raspberry Pi + media player or dedicated digital signage platform if you want something more fancy. Some cost money and some are free, this one is free for photos with setup guide.

The R-Pi may be able to run off USB power port from the TV.

For media player path instead of signage, download libreelec, burn it to SD card using their tool, copy photos onto SD card and put it into the R-Pi.

Then set up a slideshow so it repeats photos, then have Kodi auto start the slideshow upon boot (this is Windows path find linux path using built in Kodi file manager).

3. uytoor2

uytoor2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, thanks for your reply. which raspberry pi model would do the job? is pi 1 model is enough or i have to buy higher versions?

4. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    Any model should do so long as it runs supported software, displaying jpg slideshow is pretty basic.

That said a lot of software now use the R-Pi 2 as the minimum requirement.