LG TV no sound via ARC

Sukh0000007

Hi

I have a problem. I've checked the owners manual and cannot find anything for LG TV UM700PLA.

I now have no sound coming through ARC with the message "Decoder off" on my Yamaha RXV6A reciever screen.

All else work fine, sky and ps4 etc. But when using the TV for its apps there is no sound.

Please could you help?

Thanks

Pug72

Make sure the soundbar is connected to the tv's ARC HDMI input and that the sound is set to HDMI ARC. Also set Digital Sound Out to Auto or Passthrough.

Blackdog 48

Novice Member
I'm having the same problem. New LG C1 OLED. HDMI cable out of the EARC HDMI port, to my Sony DH590 receiver. It's even sync'd up with the LG already and shuts off the receiver when I shut off the TV. It's not the cables. Obviously a lot of people who like better sound are discovering this. Most people are probably happy with the LG speakers. Anyone know if an optical cable will work?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes, an optical cable should work once you've selected it in the TV's Sound out menu.

Blackdog 48

Novice Member
Hi

I have a problem. I've checked the owners manual and cannot find anything for LG TV UM700PLA.

I now have no sound coming through ARC with the message "Decoder off" on my Yamaha RXV6A reciever screen.

All else work fine, sky and ps4 etc. But when using the TV for its apps there is no sound.

Please could you help?

Thanks

Blackdog 48

Novice Member
The guy seemed to have gotten this question about different receivers not working with LG HDMI. He said to try optical cable.

Last edited:

funkee72

Novice Member
I think I have something similar. I got a LG B1 55" about 3 weeks ago, but its not playing nicely with Pioneer VSX-521K receiver. It worked fine with Panasonic plasma. devices connected to TV direct are fine (e.g. Panasonic blu-ray, PS5, chromecast) but its not happy with eARC to ARC. Grrr. I'm happy to upgrade receiver, but I want to know new one will fix problems. LG helpdesk just said to try optical cable. That's a cop out. I also didn't originally see this comment on spec sheet which LG haven't explained "ARC designed to work with compatible LG audio devices only." I asked what these devices are. They are not answering.

Blackdog 48

Novice Member
So thanks to my IT nephew, he pointed out that my ARC settings in the menu of my Sony DH-590 had a Standard (which it was set too) and Enhanced setting in the menu, and sure enough, switching to the "Enhanced" (4k) enabling setting worked to get my speakers working with ARC to my LG TV.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom