LG tv no picture with virgin box advice

Voice of reson

Novice Member
I recently got a LG sound bar to go with my LG tv i have had no problem with the set up until today, when i have the virgin box switched on i have audio but no picture however when in the LG tv's home dashboard i have audio and picture when i switch to full screen the tv screen goes blank help.

shotokan101

Suspended
So what did you change when setting up the soundbsr and what model TV and soundbar and isnitbra v6 tivo box?

Voice of reson

Novice Member
I have a LG OLED B9 sound bar is a SL8YG and Virgin Tivo V6 box using a HDMI switch box.
I have not changed anything everything was working ok yesterday the only thing a have done today is watch Amazon prime video today.

Last edited:

shotokan101

Suspended
do how were the TV and tibo connected before - directly or via hdmi switch?

all three are via the switch now?

what arc/earc setting have you setup?

shotokan101

Suspended
Thanks - but still don't understand - if soundbar is into earc on TV then how are they all via switch?

Wouldn't it be more normal to have earc on TV to earc on switch and then soundbar and tivo into switch?

Voice of reson

Novice Member
Thanks - but still don't understand - if soundbar is into earc on TV then how are they all via switch?

Wouldn't it be more normal to have earc on TV to earc on switch and then soundbar and tivo into switch?
I have my hdmi cables the other way round followed instructions for the hdmi switch box

shotokan101

Suspended
...as long as it keeps working now :)

shotokan101

Suspended
Seems more normal to me - easy enough to try though :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom