Question LG TV, Magic Remote Update

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Mistofalese, May 21, 2019.

1. Mistofalese

Mistofalese
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Around 2 weeks ago, my LG UH750V TV decided to perform an auto update to software version 05.50.55. All appeared to go well apart from one small, but very annoying, bug. Every time I now touch my magic remote control for the TV, I get a message in the corner of the TV telling me that the Magic Remote needs to be updated and will be unusable for 30 seconds. 30 seconds later, the remote can be used again but on picking up the remote an hour or so later, it tells me that it needs to be updated again and as such, will be unusable for 30 seconds. The first few times this happened was annoying, after two weeks of it... :-/

I've tried re registering the remote to my TV with no change to this behaviour and a web search is proving frustrating. Does anyone out there have any ideas how to stop this message and 'update' my Magic Remote?

2. Mad Ant

Mad Ant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    You could try resetting the TV... I know it is anoying since you lose your settings...

3. Mistofalese

Mistofalese
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you @Mad Ant , that appears to have worked! At least I received a message telling me my remote had updated which I'd never seen before. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees and this is one of those occasions so thank you again. ;)

I'm now off to type in a load of email addresses and passwords using my (currently working) magic remote. Such fun... :)