LG tv lost freeview channels

Andykent

Novice Member
Hi all, I'm hoping someone out there can help me with my problem. My LG smart tv either loses channels freeview or can't receive any. The LG is in the living room and I have a Samsung TV in the dining room. My setup is as follows, the coax lead goes from the wall goes into a signal booster the both the Samsung and LG tv's connect to that. The weird thing is when I can't locate freeview channels on my LG tv I can pick them up fine on my samsung tv. Any ideas?

jrl

Had something similar a few weeks ago turned out to be a faulty power booster, I had a number of TVs connected some worked ok some lost signal (and programming ) I would look at the signal booster first, my problem was sorted with a new booster

Andykent

Novice Member
Had something similar a few weeks ago turned out to be a faulty power booster, I had a number of TVs connected some worked ok some lost signal (and programming ) I would look at the signal booster first, my problem was sorted with a new booster
OK thanks for the reply jrl, I'll look at buying a new booster and fingers crossed it solves the problem.

Andykent

Novice Member
OK thanks for the reply jrl, I'll look at buying a new booster and fingers crossed it solves the problem.
OK, just tried a direct connection from my LG tv to the wall tv socket and still no programmes found. Very strange as the local transmitter is saying no problems.

Very strange as the local transmitter is saying no problems.
Where are you getting this information from? Does this mean you've checked the direction your TV aerial and worked out the actual transmitter it's pointing to?

Other things to consider... There could be a problem with your aerial, your coaxial cable, your wall-plate or anything else between the aerial and the wall-plate...

Andykent

Novice Member
Where are you getting this information from? Does this mean you've checked the direction your TV aerial and worked out the actual transmitter it's pointing to?

Other things to consider... There could be a problem with your aerial, your coaxial cable, your wall-plate or anything else between the aerial and the wall-plate...
The aerial is pointing to the local transmitter and its not the aerial or wall plate as I have a secondary TV attached to the same wall plate, and aerial and that picks up freeview channels fine, it's just the LG tv that isn't.

I have a secondary TV attached to the same wall plate, and aerial and that picks up freeview channels fine, it's just the LG tv that isn't.
Temporarily disconnect the aerial lead to the Samsung television and perform a re-scan on your LG.

Personally, I never perform an 'automatic' scan. Once I know the transmitters frequencies I scan each multiplex manually...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom