LG tv lost freeview channels

Andykent

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm hoping someone out there can help me with my problem. My LG smart tv either loses channels freeview or can't receive any. The LG is in the living room and I have a Samsung TV in the dining room. My setup is as follows, the coax lead goes from the wall goes into a signal booster the both the Samsung and LG tv's connect to that. The weird thing is when I can't locate freeview channels on my LG tv I can pick them up fine on my samsung tv. Any ideas?

Had something similar a few weeks ago turned out to be a faulty power booster, I had a number of TVs connected some worked ok some lost signal (and programming ) I would look at the signal booster first, my problem was sorted with a new booster

Had something similar a few weeks ago turned out to be a faulty power booster, I had a number of TVs connected some worked ok some lost signal (and programming ) I would look at the signal booster first, my problem was sorted with a new booster
OK thanks for the reply jrl, I'll look at buying a new booster and fingers crossed it solves the problem.

OK thanks for the reply jrl, I'll look at buying a new booster and fingers crossed it solves the problem.
OK, just tried a direct connection from my LG tv to the wall tv socket and still no programmes found. Very strange as the local transmitter is saying no problems.

Very strange as the local transmitter is saying no problems.
Where are you getting this information from? Does this mean you've checked the direction your TV aerial and worked out the actual transmitter it's pointing to?

Other things to consider... There could be a problem with your aerial, your coaxial cable, your wall-plate or anything else between the aerial and the wall-plate...

Where are you getting this information from? Does this mean you've checked the direction your TV aerial and worked out the actual transmitter it's pointing to?

Other things to consider... There could be a problem with your aerial, your coaxial cable, your wall-plate or anything else between the aerial and the wall-plate...
The aerial is pointing to the local transmitter and its not the aerial or wall plate as I have a secondary TV attached to the same wall plate, and aerial and that picks up freeview channels fine, it's just the LG tv that isn't.

I have a secondary TV attached to the same wall plate, and aerial and that picks up freeview channels fine, it's just the LG tv that isn't.
Temporarily disconnect the aerial lead to the Samsung television and perform a re-scan on your LG.

Personally, I never perform an 'automatic' scan. Once I know the transmitters frequencies I scan each multiplex manually...

Is anyone still having issues with LG Smart TV losing stations, we turned off the auto retune, so it doesn’t find/remove stations and the aerial is quite new

Have you tried…

“Settings>All Settings>Programs>Program List Update”

and turn it off?

Hi that is turned off already, we are thinking it might be a change to the mast and freq

I'm experiencing this problem - 28th June 2022.
HD works fine on my Panasonic in the sitting room, but not on my LG in the study. Only difference is that the Panasonic is connected via TalkTalk, LG is using the built-in Freeview. Freeview tell me there should be no problem with my location.

Freeview suggested that I pull the aerial out and do a full auto tune (without the aerial). Then put the aerial in and do a full auto re-tune again. I did that and I've now got HD channels!

Mine ended up losing all Chanel’s completely and had to be returned to curry’s who diagnosed a faulty aerial and replaced the part and has been fine since. This is after we had tried everything including paying for the aerial to be checked and cables updated

Mine ended up losing all Chanel’s completely and had to be returned to curry’s who diagnosed a faulty aerial and replaced the part and has been fine since. This is after we had tried everything including paying for the aerial to be checked and cables updated
TV's don't have built-in aerials (apart from older portable TV’s)
What did Curry's replace?

TV's don't have built-in aerials (apart from older portable TV’s)
What did Curry's replace?
They said it was a board or something, I assumed the receiver the aerial lead plugs in too

Either way, the TV came back working and was the same Tv sent to them so the TV wasn’t replaced

Is anyone still having issues with LG Smart TV losing stations, we turned off the auto retune, so it doesn’t find/remove stations and the aerial is quite new
I'm still having trouble. Every few days my LG OLED smart TV tells me my LG channels aren't working. They stay out for a few hours and then reappear. It's driving me crazy. The TV is less than a year old. Pluto TV on works occasionally on the LG but it's very reliable on an older Vizio.

Yes I am since 22 June my LG Oled is doing what you describe. Did you get it solved?

The solution was to retune the channels and then turn off automatic update.
Thanks so much JS Wolf. Remind me please, is your TV an Oled LG or a diff one? Thought I would check before I do what you did to solve.

Thanks so much JS Wolf. Remind me please, is your TV an Oled LG or a diff one? Thought I would check before I do what you did to solve.
I didn't do it. The other person with the same problem did it. It was an LG TV of some kind with the problem.

Thanks for that. Think that could explain why it just suddenly happened on 2o June....could have been an auto update. Will give it a try.

Possibly a transmitter was offline when the TV scanned for new channels overnight. That’s when engineering works take place. I saw the issue on my LG TV and disabling the option fixed the issue.

The LG is pretty braindead though. My Manhattan T3-R PVR sails through all of these type of problems without screwing things up.

Possibly a transmitter was offline when the TV scanned for new channels overnight. That’s when engineering works take place. I saw the issue on my LG TV and disabling the option fixed the issue.

The LG is pretty braindead though. My Manhattan T3-R PVR sails through all of these type of problems without screwing things up.
The LG is not braindead. TVs are not designed to record two Freeview channels while watching a third. The Freeview ability in most TVs is nothing special and that includes today's top TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

StormAudio ISR Fusion 20 AV Receiver - review coming soon #HomeCinema #Amplifier #VideoShort
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom