Lg tv loses network connection when powered off

Afkpuz

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an lg 43up700pua smart tv. I have it connected to my HomeKit setup and it has a wired Ethernet connection.
I’ve noticed that when I turn the TV off, I am unable to turn it back on using HomeKit. HomeKit says the device is not responding. When I turn the tv back on using the normal remote, HomeKit is able to communicate with the Tv again and I can interact with it from my home app.
This indicates to me that the network port does not stay connected when I turn the device off. I have a higher end LG tv downstairs and do not have this problem.
is this just because I bought a lower end TV? I’ve dug through the settings to try to find a way to keep the network connection on when the screen is off, but haven’t found anything.

Last edited:
You could try connecting via wifi instead of ethernet to see if it keeps the wifi alive in standby but thats the only thing I can think of.

There is a setting that the YouTube app. (as I recall) that when installed asks if you want to leave a wi-fi connection in place. In any event, there’s definitely something in the settings on my LG TV about maintaining a network connection when in standby. I have no idea if it works for LAN connections though.

My LG TV drops the Ethernet connection shortly after the set is placed in standby.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom