Answered LG TV > HDMI Splitter > RCA > BT Transmitter > BT Headphones

MrM

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, please.

I have an LG TV with x1 HDMI, x1 Scart x1 USB and x1 Arial inputs.

I want to use bluetooth headphones for when I'm watching the Amazon Firestick in bed.

I've tried using the following set up:

Firestick into the USB, Scart to RCA adapter, RCA Cables into Bluetooth transmitter, BT headphones connected to BT transmitter.

However, this fails as the HDMI doesn't split the audio once it's in the TV.

So, before I buy one, would something like this work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Ex...d=1534539451&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+toslink+rca

So I would have Firestick > HDMI Splitter >
1 HDMI to TV
2 RCA to Bluetooth transmitter > Bluetooth headphones

Thanks in advance.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Which TV do you have?

Firestick > Splitter > TV - you may find it difficult to keep the Video and Audio in Sync if you split out the audio ahead of the TV and the audio device (your BT Transmitter) does not offer you the ability to delay the audio.

If there is not a suitable audio out on the TV and you do have to use a Splitter you may have to allow for an analogue audio delay device between the splitter and the BT Transmitter.

Joe

Thanks for that, it's an LG 32LY330C. It was given as a free TV with a promotion from SKY TV a few years back.

Looking at the delay units, they seem pricey! It may be more pertinant to buy a second hand TV that has the appropriate audio out options I require?

Use the Optical Digital Out on the Display - if the BT Transmitter lacks Optical In you can add an Optical to 2RCA Converter for around £30.

Joe

Correction, that it not the model number, mine is 32LH510B.

Reading up, Sky did say some models might be different as part of their promotion!

As such it does't have any optical, only USB, SCART, HDMI and CI Slot.

'mine is 32LH510B' - there is a good chance any Digital (HDMI) Source will not output audio via the SCART Out socket, ensure the Source is set to PCM if you want to try the SCART Out again.

You will need to try an HDMI to HDMI + 2RCA Splitter between the Source and the TV/BT Transmitter and see if things stay in sync or not.

Joe

OK, thanks very much for you input Joe. I shall give it a go, and see if I run into any sync issues.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom